News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Optimization manual updated

Started by agner, July 06, 2006, 08:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agner

It is now ten years since I first published my optimization manual. It has been so successful that I feel I have to keep it updated. The long awaited update is now available at http://www.agner.org/optimize/.

The manual has become so big that I had to split it into five volumes. It now covers C++, inline assembly and stand-alone assembly. CPU-specific optimization. Vector programming. ABI standards. C++ name mangling schemes. Microarchitecture details. Complete lists of instruction timings, execution unit throughput, micro-operation breakdown, etc. for the latest microprocessors from Intel and AMD.

Covers the following operating systems: DOS, Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X on 16, 32 and 64-bit x86 processors.

asmfan

Agner, i adore your site, i keen on your tutorials and algos... My sincer thanks to you. I'm glad to see you on this forum. I hope you'll contribute her as well:)
I have as long story of using your optimization guides as i have used assembler itself.
Regards and best wishes,
Igor
Russia is a weird place

Ossa

Thanks Agner - just downloaded them and have been reading solidly for the past hour... great material once again, thanks.

Ossa
Website (very old): ossa.the-wot.co.uk

MazeGen

agner, maaaany thanks for your invaluable manuals, they are really famous. I appreciate your work.

Mark Jones

Thanks Agner! Your work is truly top-notch. :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Vortex

Hi Agner,

Many thanks for your very nice work :U

Wistrik

Thank you. Now I have a practical reference for my AMD 64 processor. Will check out the guides when I get home. Again, thank you.