News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MASM32 V9 install failed on Windows Server 2003

Started by shucho, July 06, 2006, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantanu Gadgil

QuoteI wondered how long it would take for the suggestion to come up. I have always attempted to be gracious about my comments but with the broken record effort on NSIS, I guess its time to shut it up forever.
I myself wondered too (for quite some time) too whether I should say things again which you had already put very clearly before.

Quote...will never use amateurish looking imitations of old style commercial...

...see the NSIS install as amateurish junk

...I wonder what it takes to connect that I will never use crap like NSIS and if I had to I would use MSI instead.

I don't quite understand the "name calling" that you are doing.  ::) ::) ::)

You have "connected" perfectly well (time and again) that you are not really interested in NSIS as the installer for the "MASM32 Package".

Thats why I had put those smileys at the end...it was only half-a-suggestion.

Looking at the entire conversation again, maybe I should just PMed you instead of posting the NSIS request openly, maybe the use of incorrect smileys on my part, etc, etc.

Regards,
Shantanu
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

hutch--

shantanu,

> I don't quite understand the "name calling" that you are doing.

Simple, I don't like the product and no amount of nagging will change my mind. I have no criticism of anyone else using it but I will never use it as i don't see it as a professional product. If I wanted that type of install I would use a professional product, Microsoft's MSI.

> Looking at the entire conversation again, maybe I should just PMed you instead of posting the NSIS request openly, maybe the use of incorrect smileys on my part, etc, etc.

No, I heard you the first time some years ago and I really am NOT interested but don't let me stop you from using it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Mark Jones

Personally I find MSI's restrictive, and much bulkier.

But to each their own...
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08