News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

about xp visual style

Started by gnewz10, June 13, 2006, 04:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramguru

If you could attach at least exe, the problem would be solved instantly...

TNick

Well, here it is. The exe in the root of archive does not show XP style, while the one vithin the only fo;lder has XP style. Thioe are copies of same executable that has in it's resource section the manifest (see RAP project)

Thanks!
Nick

[attachment deleted by admin]

ramguru

OK I see the problem:
ID and type were interpreted as strings..you know ID can be string or number the same thing about Type, so just putting numbers solves the problem

1 24 "SomeExe.exe.manifest"
:

TNick

You are absolutely right. It works now. Thanks for your time, ramguru!!

Nick

Jackal

I had to put initcommoncontrols in one of my apps to get buttons and such to work in xp style but only on one of my pc's. If i did not have the call then it workd on my laptop but not my desktop. With the call it worked on both. When it did not work my buttons did not appear at all.

MichaelW

TNick,

As an alternative you could use:

#define RT_MANIFEST 24
#define CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID  1

CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "SomeExe.exe.manifest"

By using CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID the manifest is included in the executable, eliminating any dependence on the manifest file (although a manifest file placed in the same directory as the EXE can still override the one in the EXE). You should be able to determine if the manifest is being included by checking the EXE size.
eschew obfuscation

TNick

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: MichaelW on July 26, 2007, 06:33:03 AM
You should be able to determine if the manifest is being included by checking the EXE size.

Hehe! I felt this on my own skin, because I had an exe linked as resource in main program. The build in one needed the manifest within so, when all was working right, I couldn't extract the resource right. Forget to change the constant that hold it's size. :)

Nick

Mark Jones

Quote from: Jackal on July 25, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
I had to put initcommoncontrols in one of my apps to get buttons and such to work in xp style but only on one of my pc's. If i did not have the call then it workd on my laptop but not my desktop. With the call it worked on both. When it did not work my buttons did not appear at all.

So... to dredge up a dead and beaten horse... why not just call it to be safe? lol.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08