MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

creating a new dialog

Started by Mark_201, June 04, 2006, 11:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_201

Hi.  I'm new.    :bg

Getting back into programming and discovered RadAsm. very nice.

After creating a new dialog with the dialog editor; do I have to add the #define's from the RC files into the main .Inc file?

for example these are located in AboutDlg.RC:
#define IDD_ABOUT_DLG 1001
#define IDC_IMG3 1001
#define IDC_STC1 1002
#define IDC_BTN1 1003
#define IDC_UDN1 1004

Are these automatically added into the .inc file when editing?

Is there a way to include the .rc files so the main program can reference them?

Mark

Ossa

Welcome to the board, Mark!

I haven't updated my RadASM version in a fair while, but on my version it is not automatic. You must export the EQUs yourself:

Tools->Export ID Equ's

Then just copy them out of the output window and paste into your .inc file.

You can check whether the assembler complains about missing EQUs (if you are new to MASM then EQUs are like #defines, but for ASM). If it does, then add them as I've just described.

Hope that helps,
Ossa

[edit] Missed you last question there... .rc files use a C-like syntax (for defines), which is pretty much incompatible with MASM syntax, so no you can't have shared headers like in C [/edit]
Website (very old): ossa.the-wot.co.uk

Mark_201

Exported and worked fine.   :cheekygreen:

Noticed you said you havn't upgraded RadAsm.  Is there another IDE that most users prefer?

You did a good job on RadAsm.  Love the tools.

Is there a win32 api help file?

I wonder if its possible to have an IDE paste in skelton code, for example,  a dlg procedure?  I know I can cut and paste.

Mark

Ossa

Quote from: Mark_201 on June 05, 2006, 12:18:09 AM
Noticed you said you havn't upgraded RadAsm.  Is there another IDE that most users prefer?

I'm fairly sure that RadASM is the most popular... and I haven't upgraded because I haven't found the need - the version I'm using works just fine for my purposes

You did a good job on RadAsm.  Love the tools.

Ketil Olsen is the amazing person behind RadASM. He's usually about in the RadASM support forum: here

Is there a win32 api help file?

Yes, you can get it here: http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html (just scroll down a bit - you'll see it/them)

I wonder if its possible to have an IDE paste in skelton code, for example,  a dlg procedure?  I know I can cut and paste.

I've never wanted to do that, but I believe RadASM supports both templates and sniplets (Tools->Sniplets gets you the sniplets browser, which has a dialog proc in it).

Ossa
Website (very old): ossa.the-wot.co.uk