MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

uninstall possible, and if so how?

Started by s134k, April 19, 2006, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s134k

hi all,
just downloaded masm32 9.0 for a quick project I needed to assemble. good job on it BTW, its pretty nice :U .

but just a question. I code the C programming language and have been coding it for about 1 year now. I don't think I am quite ready for Assembly language programming, but am getting there. I have no use for masm32 at the moment, and my HDD is getting full, I am just wondering if it is possible to uninstall masm32 and if so how do I do it? I can't find any uninstall applications anywhere, looked in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and its not in there.

I was thinking of just deleting the masm32 folder from the drive I installed it on, but I don't think that will be a "clean" uninstall (it will likely leave behind reg keys and what not). can someone please tell me how I can uninstall masm32?

thankyou in advance! :green

P1

s134k,

Welcome a Board !!!       :U

Forum 'Search' is your friend, along with Google.     :dance:

Please read the forum rules.

Quote from: s134k on April 19, 2006, 09:55:03 PMI was thinking of just deleting the masm32 folder from the drive I installed it on
Yes, this is the way.

Quote from: s134k on April 19, 2006, 09:55:03 PMbut I don't think that will be a "clean" uninstall (it will likely leave behind reg keys and what not
Nope, the install did not use any register settings.  It is all file base.

Now, you registered the file type .asm to QEditor, then you need to remove that yourself.

BTW, In the early days of C, it was mostly a MASM libriarian, running as a compiled script.

Regards,  P1  :8)

hutch--

s134k,

MASM32 is a safe install in that it does not read or write to the registery at all so you can simply delete the entire directory tree in safety.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

s134k

thanks for the welcome and replies! :bg

and sorry, I will read the forum rules now, and search next time before I ask a question like this. :red

ok then, I will just delete that folder. and no I didn't choose to associate the .asm extension with QEditor, .asm files still open in notepad.