MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PE executer

Started by assembie1, March 09, 2006, 05:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assembie1

Hey that PE executer um ...
i tried to download it , but the error message said its not present or something on that idea...
anyone know where i can get the code or code and kit to work with it
id really appreciate it thanks            :boohoo: now leave me to my practice of the Viola, im getting quite good you know , uhhh hmmmmmmmm yes yes yessss 

Vortex

Hi assembie1,

Welcome on board.

What is about this PE executer? Why you would like to use this tool?

assembie1

Vortex hi
yes i would like to try it if its source code and its not to hard to assemble
sure sounds like a good project to get some time in on executing systems
thanks...   :green

PBrennick

assembie,
Do you have a link?

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

assembie1

I had the link but as i mentioned its not working at all  :(
i even stripped it down to try to find another page on the site, no dice

PBrennick

I see, that is exactly what I was going to try because the names of pages change from time to time.  Sorry I could not help you.  Are you trying to run another program as a child process?  Something like WinHelp or CMD?  You need to be more outspoken.  I sit at the computer all day so I don't mind 'pulling teeth'  but others will give it a cursory read and move on.

Paul

Vortex

assembie1,

You can try to embed executables in your main module :

http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=3150.0

assembie1

Vortex thank you so much for the information, i know im going to have a blast with this when i can get some time to play around with it...

have you done anything you consider pretty wild yet, or have you found any kewl fluks about it that you can capitalize on?

ops time for my Viola Practice its that time again uhhhh hmmmm uhh hmmmmm
the Crust Crust Crust upper crust  :boohoo:    lol    :naughty:

PBrennick

Quotehave you done anything you consider pretty wild yet, or have you found any kewl fluks about it that you can capitalize on?

Are you just hunting for something interesting or is there something specific that you are trying to do?  Pulling teeth, pulling teeth ...

Paul

Vortex

Quotehave you done anything you consider pretty wild yet, or have you found any kewl fluks about it that you can capitalize on?

As  I mentioned in that topic referred by the link above, the original code belongs to Chetnik. All what I done was to code some simple demos using his method. I don't intend to do anything wilde. Probably, the best application for this method is to use it for SFX archives or similar areas.

assembie1

PBrennick  hi um i was just wondering what you might be able to use it for, you may have come up with something that would make for better debug senerio, or something on that idea, i thought id ask, thank you for your questions and response  :thumbu

Vortex what is SFX ? i have to admit i have no idea of what this is except if its an archiving protocall, or code?  :8)

Vortex

Hi assembie1,

SFX stands for self extracting archive. A SFX archive is an executable containing compressed data, it has the ability to decompress the embedded data without the need of an external archiver. The best example I can mention here is the masm32 installation package, it has a code portion to expand all the compressed information. You can create SFX archives with applications like WinRAR, Winzip or 7-zip.

assembie1

Vortex :8)
thats cool in fact thatsamasin <- old handle hi Vortex long time no see...
thank you for all the info, excellent senerio i see what you mean totally.

see ya soon on the Post boards, your doing awesome job, thank goodness for everyone we got people who love to help us out, it makes the forums rock !!!
best regards Vortex good ta see you again
thatsamasm.... how did i used to spell that, will have to go find out , after practice uh hmmmmm
:boohoo:  my intonation is nearly perfect, but then why would'nt it be uh hmmmmmmmm one must be humble :naughty: