News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Task manager processes

Started by skywalker, February 17, 2006, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

I am trying to figure why some close process code is taking so long to close a process. It's taking 15 -30 seconds for several different programs. I know my P-3, 448Mhz and 384 M Ram isn't real fast, but....

This is what I have in task manager with no desktop programs running.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Jones

Your list is fine. (Provided all listed files are original to their installation that is.)

Maybe things are slow because the computer is busy forwarding all its data to the FBI for investigation? (Mine seems slower lately too, dunno why.) Try a reboot? Is it freshly reinstalled? Did you reset your BIOS settings? There could be a million culprits.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

skywalker

Quote from: Mark Jones on February 17, 2006, 05:14:29 PM
Your list is fine. (Provided all listed files are original to their installation that is.)

Maybe things are slow because the computer is busy forwarding all its data to the FBI for investigation? (Mine seems slower lately too, dunno why.) Try a reboot? Is it freshly reinstalled? Did you reset your BIOS settings? There could be a million culprits.

No,... There isn't anything going to the FBI anymore. They did it for a while, but my programs kept buggering up their lines. I asked if they wouldn't mine replacing my telco lines cuz of line noise. They didn't respond. :-) (This is a joke)

Take care.