News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

header file

Started by Marko, January 28, 2006, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

I was asking myself if is possible to include in a asm file the .h file because i do the .rc file with visual studio 6.0 it generate a resource.h where all controls are defined. Now if i have a resource file with really few controls in the asm file is easy to equates them but if there are a lot of them the work is getting a little annoying and prone to errors.

tnx in advance
Marko

donkey

Well, if you are using the .h file with RC.EXE that's fine, it can read them. However MASM cannot read .h files directly, it has to be translated to MASM format for example 0x0009FE is not valid in MASM AFAIK, it must be converted to 09FEh. If you are using RadASM you can find "Export ID Equates" on the "Tools" menu that will export all of the equates from a resource built using RadASM, it is a very useful tool that will do the translation for you. If your assembler is GoAsm, 0x0009FE is a valid HEX number format so no translation is necessary but some other things may need to be translated.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

zooba

For simple .h files you can use the H2INC.EXE tool which (I think) is part of MASM32 and if not should come with VS. It won't work for complicated files (ie. any of the Platform SDK includes... grr  :snooty:)

P1

I have been using Japheth new H2INCX, had no problems so far.

Regards,  P1  :8)