ObjAsm32 and eHelp compatibility

Started by Biterider, September 29, 2005, 08:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biterider

Hi KetilO
I tested version 2.2.0.4 and I saw that the icons on the project and properties panes look very different. I suspect that something went wrong with the image lists. Picture attached.

Due an apparent problem with the ObjAsm32 AddIn I found a compatibility problem with the eHelp AddIn. It seems that crashes RadASM when both AddIns were loaded. I think that al least one of the AddIns is not following the Hook/Unhook rules. Since I haven't found the sources of  the eHelp AddIn, I'm unable to check it. The problem appears when I open more than one RaEdit window and switch back to one of the previous opened windows.

Unloading one of the AddIns,  the problem has gone!

Regards,

Biterider

[attachment deleted by admin]

KetilO

Thanks Biterider

I forgot to include the new RADToolBar addin. Download again.

The eHelp addin is written in PowerBasic. I don't have the sources for it.
I know for shure it subclasses the RAEdit. So I guess you are right.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
It seems that another AddIn makes problems. It is CodeTempates 1.0.1 from drizz. I'm considering that that the problem lies in the OA32 AddIn. To check this possibility, can you say me if you know about an AddIn that uses the Hooking of the RaEdit windows in a correct way? If the OA32 AddIn works fine with this AddIn, I can say that the problem is not there...

Regards,

Biterider

KetilO

Hi

It seem like the only addin tat does it correctly is the tutorial CodeComplete.

KetilO

EDIT:

Deleted buggy attachment.

Biterider

Hi KetilO
My last test shows that the ObjAsm32 and the CodeComplete AddIns run smoothly together without a crash.   :U

Biterider

KetilO

Hi Biterider

Thats just pure luck. The way it was done in CodeComplete was wrong.
Here is the right way to do it.

Have a look at how AIM_MDIACTIVATE is handeled. It probably applies to your addin too.

KetilO

[attachment deleted by admin]

Biterider

Hi KetilO
I downloaded RadASM 2.2.0.4d and all new addins and tested them. So far all work smoothly except e-help.dll that must keep deactivated.

Regards,

Biterider