News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Job Opportunity in Toronto, Canada

Started by Employer, September 03, 2005, 12:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Employer

Our firm is Canadian start-up which specializes in research and development of medical solutions. We are based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and are looking for someone in that vicinity.

We are seeking a programmer, full-time or part-time, who will be able to program in C/C++ and ASP.NET. At the moment we are looking for someone who will be able to assist in development of our two flagship products, a DVR (digital video recorder) device for medical imaging machines (ultrasound, X-Ray, etc) and a web-based system for day-to-day operation of clinics.

The DVR device runs on embedded Windows, and will require a programmer who has a solid grasp of C++, Win32 API and DirectShow.

If you are interested, please mail me at prodavec@fastmail.fm for more information.

vanjast

Worked as medical Xray and Ultrasound equipment engineer for some 5 years, Programmed in C, a little C++ ( Preferred Masm and Win32 API ).
A bit rusty with Direct Show but this is no big deal - Had my own plans for a better DICOM system, but that was years ago.

Live in Cape Town, South Africa... probably too far, but I heard that Canada's a nice place, although somewhat cold.
:wink

dedndave

very cool Vanjast
i used to work for ADR Ultrasound
i have worked on a wide variety of equipment, including some very ht military systems
but the ultrasound scanner was the most complex system i have ever seen
extremely interesting stuff   :U
they used to call me "Mr. Scan Converter" - lol
i got to work on the very first doppler boards - that tells you how long ago it was

Bill Cravener

The weather forecast for my neighbors across the lake (Toronto Canada) is to be partly sunny with a high of -3 C or 27 F. Here in PA it will be -1 C or 30 F. In both cases it will be a pretty balmy day for this time of year. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Slugsnack

What the hell, why you guys replying to a 4 year old thread ?!

jj2007

Quote from: Slugsnack on December 08, 2009, 11:17:09 PM
If you will ever reach our age, you won't care for 4 years more or less. And I liked Bill's reply a lot.
:bg

dedndave

lol - i wasn't really applying for the job - i was just remarking on Vanjast's reply
i wonder if they ever found someone
as JJ said - at our age, a 4-year response is "fast turn-around" - lol

Bill Cravener

Quote from: jj2007 on December 08, 2009, 11:27:54 PM
Quote from: Slugsnack on December 08, 2009, 11:17:09 PM
If you will ever reach our age, you won't care for 4 years more or less. And I liked Bill's reply a lot.
:bg

Has it been four years already? Seems the older you get the quicker they pass.

By the way, going to have a high of -4 C or 24 F here in PA tomorrow with wind gusts of 50 miles/hour. Wind chill will be like -26 C or -15 F.

The nights get really cold and its not even January yet!  :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i hear ya Bill
when i was in the army, we jumped into Camp Drum (then - now it is Ft Drum) for part of our winter training
that was the coldest place i have ever seen - lol
i was raised in Michigan, so i know about snow and cold
that area, near Lake Erie, is just cold, with the wind off the lake whipping in

Bill Cravener

Michigan's winter weather makes PA's weather seem tame in comparison. For those who don't know Michigan lays between Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and Lake Erie.

Most always windy up there and brrrrrrr, very, very cold during the winter months!
My MASM32 Examples.

z941998

Try Minnesota.  Michigan (and all other states - except Alaska) loses when it comes to cold.  Yesterday/today we have -15 F with 60 mph winds and we got 14 inches of snow with the lastest storm.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: z941998 on December 10, 2009, 05:36:23 AM
Try Minnesota.  Michigan (and all other states - except Alaska) loses when it comes to cold.  Yesterday/today we have -15 F with 60 mph winds and we got 14 inches of snow with the lastest storm.

No way bro, I'm staying right where I'm at. Minnesota? Now that really is cold!
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

they even have a place named "Frostbite Falls" - lol
(nothing up my sleeve)

z941998

More like Frostbiten Balls, but thereagain there Em-bare-ass MN which is worse.

dedndave

i guess noone gets the "nothing up my sleeve" reference   :(