News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Assemble Time Strings. Upper Casing them?

Started by Porkster, July 14, 2005, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Porkster on July 18, 2005, 02:37:11 PM

Maybe the".Const" like you said is forcing the flag to be scoped as a local-global if there is such a thing.  I have heard before that constants can be related to their defining segments.   So if I put the flag into a module and use .const it may force a unique segment from the main segment.   I will test it out later to see if this is true.

Thanks for the Help Maze.  Also thx Hutch for praise.

UPDATE :

I Did a check and the constant isn't being seen in the module.   To use the "EXTERN" command isn't feasible as it will work if the constant is publicly declared but if it's not then it produces an error which defeates the purpose of the idea/project.  Maybe someone can see something wrong that I'm doing?

Would the EXTERNDEF directive help you?  It defines the symbol as external if it's not defined in the module, as public if it is. Is this what you're trying to do?
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Porkster

Quote from: Randall Hyde on July 20, 2005, 08:13:16 PM
Would the EXTERNDEF directive help you?  It defines the symbol as external if it's not defined in the module, as public if it is. Is this what you're trying to do?
Cheers, Randy Hyde

The 'EXTERNDEF' if a toggle form of using 'PUBLIC'/'EXTERN' so if an external source doesn't define the the variable then it will try to look for the define in the same module of the 'EXTERNDEF' is placed, so it will produce an error if there is none.

Having a command to ignore an error and then the line it's on, if found would the a fix.

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Porkster on July 21, 2005, 10:25:47 AM
Quote from: Randall Hyde on July 20, 2005, 08:13:16 PM
Cheers, Randy Hyde

The 'EXTERNDEF' if a toggle form of using 'PUBLIC'/'EXTERN' so if an external source doesn't define the the variable then it will try to look for the define in the same module of the 'EXTERNDEF' is placed, so it will produce an error if there is none.

Having a command to ignore an error and then the line it's on, if found would the a fix.

Then would an "ifndef symbol" with a definition in the body of the if work for you?
Cheers,
Randy Hyde