News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Bill, I think its time you took the test

Started by donkey, March 09, 2012, 03:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Bill, I think its time to stop hiding the fact that you're a closet Canadian, the following test will determine it:

• You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK"
  • You understand the phrase "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine on the chesterfield."
  • You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars
  • You drink pop, not soda
  • You get confused when a doctor gives you a bill
  • You know what a mickey and a 24 mean
  • You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays with good cigars
  • You neither know nor care what religion your head of government is
  • You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway
  • You drive on a highway, not a freeway
  • You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers
  • You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group
  • You know what a touque is and that it's spelt with 2 u's
  • You design your Halloween costume to fit over a ski-doo suit
  • You will always defend the beaver as a proud and noble animal
  • You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed"
  • Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.
  • You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work
  • You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day
  • You think "light beer" is an nonsense word combination
  • You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan"
  • You apologize when someone bumps into you even though it was their fault
  • You perk up when you hear the theme song from "Hockey Night In Canada"
  • You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade
  • "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than, "Huh?"
These are a few of the warning signs, if you have 10 of them you may be a Canadian. I was going to include one about Ministers being politicians but considering the religious right in the US that one was a bit ambiguous.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Hell Edgar I must be Canadian, I got at least 20 of those questions right. I'm so close to Canadian I could throw a stone and it would land in your back yard.  :bg

I know you are a hockey fan. Did you know back in 2010 there was more on the line than just North American bragging rights when Sidney Crosby's overtime goal gave Canada the win over the US in the Olympic ice hockey finals? A case of beer was up for grabs in a friendly wager between the country's two leaders. President Obama followed through on his hockey bet with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper by sending a case of Molson Canadian north of the border. Had we the United States won, Obama requested a case of Pennsylvania brewed Yuengling. The Pottsville, Pa. brewery is not only America's oldest beer maker but also the President's favorite brew. As I enjoy drinking Yuengling myself, I can see why.  :thumbu
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i failed miserably
guess that's a good thing, eh ?   :P

donkey

Quote from: Bill Cravener on March 09, 2012, 06:43:03 PM
Hell Edgar I must be Canadian, I got at least 20 of those questions right. I'm so close to Canadian I could throw a stone and it would land in your back yard.  :bg

Feel free, I'll probably apologize for having a back yard that made such a tempting target :)

QuoteI know you are a hockey fan. Did you know back in 2010 there was more on the line than just North American bragging rights when Sidney Crosby's overtime goal gave Canada the win over the US in the Olympic ice hockey finals? A case of beer was up for grabs in a friendly wager between the country's two leaders. President Obama followed through on his hockey bet with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper by sending a case of Molson Canadian north of the border. Had we the United States won, Obama requested a case of Pennsylvania brewed Yuengling. The Pottsville, Pa. brewery is not only America's oldest beer maker but also the President's favorite brew. As I enjoy drinking Yuengling myself, I can see why.  :thumbu

Yes I remember that, I'll have to try to get some of that beer. Do you have the address of the brewery ?

Quote from: dedndave on March 09, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
i failed miserably
guess that's a good thing, eh ?   :P

Not sure if its a good thing, you'd probably make a wonderful Canadian Dave. After all, Kevin Smith said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb0zkQ9mbWc

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

We get a few of those but you would have terrible trouble in most of OZ with a ski-doo suit.  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

anunitu

I am kinda part Canadian,because my Father grew up in Calgary on a Goat ranch,where his Father made and sold goat cheese..something that now sells for a pretty penny..Eh?

dedndave

i have been to Canada a couple times - Ontario, is all
would like to see more of it - in the summer, of course   :bg

NPNW

Was in Canada in the early 80's. Calgery, Edmonton, Lake Louise, BC, down to seattle.

Nice friendly people, beautiful country.

dedndave

that is the part i would like to see - the west
BC, in particular, looks beautiful

Bill Cravener

Hi Edgar, boy I wish I could ship you a case but I don't want to get arrested. It really is a great lager! :bg

They do have a growing demand for their beers. Heres what they state on their website;
QuoteAs a United States brewer, Yuengling is only allowed to ship to our assigned distributors. Due to various State and Federal laws, we are not permitted to ship beer directly to retailers and consumers.

The brewery currently distributes its products in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, & Alabama. We have been reopening markets and opening new territories to distribute Yuengling beers. Stay in touch for further market openings in your area. See our Distributor List to find your nearest source of Yuengling fine beers.

The Yuengling Brewery is a regional brewer that has manufacturing plants in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL. Currently we distribute our products over a fourteen state area plus the District of Columbia along the eastern seaboard. While there is significant interest for our products nationwide, unfortunately we do not have the manufacturing capabilities to service customers across the United States. As a result, our focus and efforts continues to be on our loyal customers and markets that are logistically feasible to our production facilities.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

FARMER-OAK

Like Donkey I'm Canadian also.
Our Taxes are way to high and our electoral and political systems belong in the dark ages.
The only reason we are so polite is because it is ingrained from so much submission and deference toward appointed and not really elected leadership.

donkey

Well, I don't really have a problem with how much I pay in taxes (and its quite a lot) because I think that I get good value for my money in Canada.  As for the system of government, well it works better than the US system that's for sure. I don't think any country has a fair system of government, it just hasn't been invented yet so we plod along with what we have. I do prefer the appointed Prime Minister over the cult of personality system in the US though.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jj2007

Quote from: donkey on March 10, 2012, 09:03:29 PMI do prefer the appointed Prime Minister over the cult of personality system in the US though.

Don't spoil the party, Edgar. The entertainment value of the "personalities" that are currently going through the primaries is immense :bg