Thanx you, Bill Cravener

Started by Rockphorr, February 13, 2012, 11:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockphorr

Thanx you,Bill Cravener

Your samples are real good to learn. :U :U :U :U :U :U :U :U :U
Strike while the iron is hot - Бей утюгом, пока он горячий

donkey

I should really delete this thread, he has enough of an ego already  :bg Instead I'll just add my thanks too...
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Rockphorr

Quote from: donkey on February 13, 2012, 01:27:35 PM
I should really delete this thread, he has enough of an ego already  :bg Instead I'll just add my thanks too...

Most of my assembly time is old dos developing, and in win32 programming i just watch that other's do. This thread is just my emotion when i see win32 samples work like my dos widgets.

I wanna to see how to create win32 tabs from 2 years ago.

dedndave

Bill always writes great stuff   :U
easy to understand
thanks, Bill

Bill Cravener

Thanks Rockphorr, Edgar and Dave. If it helps folks to learn then its all worth it.

Edgar, you made me laugh with your remark about my ego buddy, the way today has been going I needed that! :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

anunitu

yes,Bill will explain things very simpley :U,then donkey will dazzle you with the tech stuff,and make your brain overheat :dazzled:,then Dave will find the method that no one else even thought of :cheekygreen:,and in the process you will become inlightened in Assembler.  :bdg

Almost forgot Hutch,who will teach you the Zen of blonde,most enlightining to stimulate your mind about all things bright and beautiful :8)

dedndave

yes - i envision Hutch's idea of heaven as
"a blonde with tactile feedback"   :lol

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=13738.0

Bill Cravener

To be honest about it, if there was anyone here on the masm32 board who deserves gratitude its our dear friend Steve Hutchesson. He's the man that makes it all possible for us asm lovers to be here.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Rockphorr

Quote from: Bill Cravener on February 13, 2012, 06:29:57 PM
To be honest about it, if there was anyone here on the masm32 board who deserves gratitude its our dear friend Steve Hutchesson. He's the man that makes it all possible for us asm lovers to be here.

You foget Iczelion.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

donkey

Quote from: Rockphorr on February 13, 2012, 07:12:24 PM
You foget Iczelion.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I remember Iczelion, a great talent for sure but Steve's contributions continued after Iczelion left the assembly community to pursue his career and has by now far surpassed him in accomplishments and helping new programmers.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

For me the action has always been in the number of people who know how to do many things in programming terms who have been willing to share their knowhow with many other people. I can claim senile decay with the list of people who have passed through here who have made many useful contributions but with the topic, I have known Bill since the days of Iczelions Win32Asm forum and the hallmark of Bills work is very clear, minimalist, precision code that has always been very useful for ideas and techniques that you can use yourself.

With Iczelion it was life, a wife, family, work and all of those things that eventually prevented him from continuing to do large amounts of work but his contribution when it mattered was important and parts of the architecture that most use today in assembler programming in Win32 came from work that he did. You can blame some of the rest of it on me.  :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php