MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

New member introduction

Started by DRX, January 20, 2012, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRX

Greetings fellow asm'ers,

I have been a long time reader of the masm32 forum (since 2004), and I finally thought it is about time I registered.

I have been interested in assembly language since I discovered hex editors and disassemblers on my Atari ST many years ago.  I wrote my first simple assembly language programs using the venerable old debug.com of DOS some years later, then finally got a second-hand copy of TASM to try out.  I thought assembly language was dead for a long time with the prevalence of Windows, but discovered otherwise in the early 2000's and eventually found this forum and have been reading ever since.  Maybe I will even be able to contribute something useful someday.

DRX

donkey

Hi DRX,

Happy you decided to join. Enjoy the board.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jj2007

Hi DRX,

I wrote my first simple assembly language programs on my Atari ST many years ago :wink

Welcome on board :thumbu

Vortex

Hi DRX,

Welcome to the Masm Forum.

dedndave

welcome to the forum   :U

i wrote my first x86 "ditties" with debug - lol
i bought MASM within a week, though - ver 3 i think it was

5 years earlier, i was entering 4004 and 8008 code into an EPROM programmer

jcfuller

Hey DRX,
  I started with MAC65 on Atari 800XL. Outstanding macro assembler for the 6502 processor.

James

raymond

And I started mine by hand coding on a TRS-80. Eventually got tired of hand coding and hand coded my own assembler.

Welcome to the forum as an active member.
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

DRX

Thanks for all the greetings everyone!  I look forward to some expert asm help.