MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Microsoft and Apple should be ashamed!

Started by Bill Cravener, January 12, 2012, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

donkey

You know Bill, if a person was to knowingly create an environment where another committed suicide they could be found guilty of murder. I think its time for corporations to take on some of the responsibilites of personhood and not only the advantages. These corporations should be tried for murder, after all I'll believe a corporation is a person when the state of Texas puts one to death.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

Kind of strange and sad,China,a country that was a place where the worker was king. a Communist PARADISE,where all were Comrades
and no one exploited the working class.

Just thinking "What money(greed) can do"

dedndave

quote from the Foxconn spokesman in that article:
Quote"The welfare of our employees is our top priority and we are committed to ensuring that all
employees are treated fairly and that their rights are fully protected. The operational changes that
were the basis for this incident are being carried out in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations"

should run for office - i can tell it's bs without even thinking hard

Farabi

I dont know why, but most of asians bussiness owner was so cruel, it is different with the western style of bussiness. Western company used a highly accurate information, so they could maintained their brand image as a elegant and great quality. For example, when china device manufacture lied about internet connectivity 8 times faster when they used "Bits" as replacement for "bytes" MS and Intel keep goin with their meassure "bytes". The impact is, I respect more any western product as a great quality. I think youll need my comment above for compliment and the cause of the successfull mark of bussiness.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

oex

The most corrupt people are always the richest
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

rags

Quote from: oex on January 14, 2012, 12:40:26 PM
The most corrupt people are always the richest
Not always true, In my line of work, I've seen my fair share of people scamming the welfare system of the US for over $3000 US/month in tax free money,
PLUS all the other non-taxable benefits like money for food,housing, heating, etc.
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

Bill Cravener

Speaking of corruption and thievery the USPS has taken the US taxpayer for $20 billion dollars in the last four years alone. For decades the USPS has been operating like a third world country with the best benefits taxpayers money can buy. The service has a current fiscal shortfall of $5.5 billion, which was due last September. If taxpayers (also known as Congress) don't come up with the funding the shortfall could do what rain, sleet, and snow never could, bring down the U.S. Postal Service.

According to numerous reports labor represents 80 percent of Post Office expenses. Compare that with United Parcel Service labor costs at 53 percent and FedEx at 32 percent and your hair will stand on end. Postal paper carriers receive more generous health benefits than most other U.S. federal employees. This agency has been sucking at the teat of the American taxpayer with too much gusto and yet in March of 2011 the U.S. Postal Service and the American Postal Workers Union reached a contract agreement that preserves jobs and provides a 3.5 percent pay raise for the next three years.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

rags

Bill, The USPS has been required  by law under the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006,
unlike any other government agency or private corporation for that matter, to pre-fund the future retiree healthcare benefits for
the next 75 years, in a period of 10 years.

This alone Bill, cost the USPS $5.5 billion a year!

Its funny Bill, how we would have broke even at least over that same period, as required by law, without that mandate.
Even so, the USPS OVERPAID an estimated $50+ BILLION into the Civil Servant Retirement System,
BUT Congress REFUSES to return the monies to the USPS. That money would go a long way towards paying off that mandate.

Bill, there are millions more people on the government teat called welfare, than work for the USPS, that receive better benefits than me.

They get FULL healthcare benefits, including vision and dental care which I don't get.
They pay NOTHING for it, including NO DEDUCTIBLES, I pay towards my healthcare and deductibles.

They get their rent paid under Section 8 housing, I pay my mortgage out of my pocket.

They get FOOD STAMPS and SNAP benefits. I must pay for my family's food and stay within a budget when doing so. I cannot afford
the products, including pricey steaks I see them purchasing with their free food money.

They get assistance to pay for the heating and electric bills.
I must completely pay my own utility bills, and so I must watch how warm I keep the house in winter, unlike what I see.

In this state they get free cell phones under the Safelink program with 250 free minutes a month subsidized by the taxpayer.
I must pay for my cell phone and minutes.

How many more trillions of dollars must we spend on these decades old 'Great Society' programs with nothing more to
show for it, than lazy generational dependent deadbeats that contribute NOTHING to society, taxes or otherwise?

Bill, as a businessman yourself, I would like to think that you would like reform the BIGGEST money loser the government has first
and require that these people do something, anything , in order to continue to receive their freebies, so that we as taxpayers
get something in return for our tax dollars.

Bill Cravener

Do some research rags, I feel sorry for you in the way you feel for those less fortunate then all you over paid paper carriers. The many poor and those few that take advantage of the system is but a very small part of the U.S. governments expense to the taxpayer. Why don't the paper carriers give up some of their pay raises, paid holidays, absurd health care and retirement benefits so that they no longer have to suck off the tits of the taxpayers? If there's one system the U.S. government needs to privatize it's the USPS. I mean what the hell, getting paid over $50 thousand a year plus the best benefits the American taxpayer can buy needs to come to an end and soon. USPS, bunch of thieving bastards!!
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

i'd be happier to see the other employers raise the standard of living
they should all aspire to provide what the postal service does
use that as a standard   :U

rags

Bill I would not call 12%, a small part of the budget.
No tangible results have been produced since those programs inception, except for an increase in dependency on them. Because its easier
to sit home on your arse, than to actually have to work for your money.
I know and understand that todays job market isnt the best, and that some people may need temporary help, but thats all
those programs should be. Not the lifetime freebies that they have become.
I also understand that some people are physically or mentally handicapped and are unable to work, thus they need the help.
I have a hard accepting that all the recipients fall into that category, thus they should be working, doing something in order to earn
their keep. Just because they are poor, doesn't mean they cant work for their pay and benefits.
For the record, in the position that I now hold as a PTF letter carrier, I HAVE NO PAID HOLIDAYS.
And my 'Absurd' retirement pension, consists mainly of Social Security payments and payments from a 401k plan that I pay into.
Not much different from somebody in the private sector.

Bill Cravener

Wish I as a self-employed person could afford these kinds of taxpayer funded benefits.

USPS EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY

Compensation
In addition to highly competitive basic pay rates, most Postal Service employees also receive regular salary increases, overtime pay, night shift differential, and Sunday premium pay. Overtime is paid at one and one-half times the applicable hourly rate for work in excess of 8 hours per day, or 40 hours within a workweek. Night shift differential is paid at a specified dollar rate for all hours worked between 6pm and 6am. Sunday premium is paid at 25 percent for work scheduled on Sunday (paid for by the US taxpayers).

Health Insurance
The Postal Service participates in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, which provides excellent coverage and flexibility with most of the cost paid by the Postal Service. There are many plans available, including both traditional insurance coverage and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs). Employee premium contributions are not subject to most taxes, making health insurance even more affordable (paid for by the US taxpayers).

Retirement
The Postal Service participates in the federal retirement program, which provides a defined benefit annuity at normal retirement age as well as disability coverage (paid for by the US taxpayer).

Thrift Savings Plan
After a waiting period, career postal employees may contribute to the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), which is similar to 401(k) retirement savings plans offered by private sector employers. Employees contribute to TSP on a tax-deferred basis, and may receive automatic and matching contributions (up to 5 percent of pay) from the Postal Service (from wages paid for by the taxpayers).

Social Security and Medicare
Newly hired postal employees are covered under Social Security and Medicare (paid for by the US taxpayer).

Life Insurance
The Postal Service offers coverage through the Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) Program. The cost of basic coverage is fully paid by the Postal Service, with the option to purchase additional coverage through payroll deduction (paid for by the US taxpayer).

Flexible Spending Accounts
Career employees may participate in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Program after one year of service. Tax-free FSA contributions can be used to cover most out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses (paid for by the US taxpayers).

Leave
The Postal Service offers a leave program to career employees that includes annual (vacation) leave and sick leave. For the first 3 years of service, full-time employees earn 13 days of annual leave per year, increasing to 20 days per year after 3 years of service, and to 26 days per year after 15 years of service. In addition, full- time employees earn 13 days of sick leave per year as insurance against loss of income due to illness or accident (paid for by the US taxpayers).

http://www.postalemployeenetwork.com/usps-benefits-info.htm
My MASM32 Examples.

Farabi

Well, paid 10% from your payments is lots cheaper than the poor taking a gun and start a riot and rebel against the government, at least on Indonesia. I prefer to paid tax than beeing robbed.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

rags

Bill you know as well as I do that most if not all operating income for the USPS comes from the sales of postage and other postal related items.
You are deliberately misleading people in your remarks that saying everything the USPS employees receive or earn is completely paid for
by the us taxpayer.
It is not. That is a fact. It was before the Postal reorganization act of 1971, not now.

Whats the big deal about being covered by SS and medicare? I pay into it, just like you do as a businessman, and every other person
working in a legit job.
That "defined" benefit is a very small amount of the total of any retirement income I would receive. Most comes from the SS and TSP withdraws.
The FSA is offered by many employers to their employees. Heck, even my wife who works for a very small local company(under 30 employees) has one,
offered by her employer.
Overtime compensation laws have been on the books for years Bill, and they cover every employee, not just USPS employees.
They came into existence to prevent abuse of employees, by the employers who were forcing employees to work long days and weeks,
without due compensation.
My sick leave covers me when I am unable to work due to illness or injury, because I am not covered by any type of short term disability
insurance as an employee, as are some (such as my wife)in the private sector.

And as a final note to this cyclic posting on my behalf, I congratulate you Bill for having the courage to continue to do what you do
as a private businessman, given this economy. I do not know how you continue to operate in such a specialized area of business,
given the limited customer base.