News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Website Statistics.

Started by Bill Cravener, November 07, 2011, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

I always find my website stats interesting. For example what web browser is most popular, at least what is the most popular browser that visits my website. It wasn't long ago that Firefox was equal or greater then IE when it came to visitors to my site but Firefox appears to be losing out soon against Google Chrome. Below is a graphed breakdown of the last 500 visitors to my site. I also found that 1920x1080 monitor resolution is quickly becoming the norm. Wonder where ol-drhoward went to, I'd bet he'd disagree with my webstats below. Though I've found irritations with all the popular browsers I am personally becoming a Chrome advocate.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

well - i think there are a lot of "uninformed" users out there
like mom and pop - they don't even know there is a browser other than IE
my mom didn't even know what the word "browser" meant - lol
she's 85, but surfs around all the time   :P

i haven't tried chrome, yet
i tried opera and wasn't impressed
i might give chrome a shot
afterall, google probably has one of the best programming teams around

Bill Cravener

Well Dave I doubt that mom and pop are visiting "My MASM32 Examples" page but then I could be wrong. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i see your point, Bill   :bg

the potential problem i see with using chrome is - google can control the ads you see   :P

Magnum

I tried Chrome, but went back to Opera and Firefox.

Chrome ran O.K. but I did not like the fact that it is about 10X the size of other browsers.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

TmX

So IE is the winner. Now which version of IE is the mostly used? IE 8? or IE 9?

dedndave

TmX -
the numbers inside the bar-graph bars are version numbers, i think   :P
it looks like IE8 is used more than any other

TmX

Ah yes, I didn't notice that  :red
I guess IE is getting better. Have been hating IE since v5, now v9 is my secondary browser
Chrome is the primary, though.  :P

Bill Cravener

Quote from: Magnum on November 07, 2011, 03:53:25 PM
I tried Chrome, but went back to Opera and Firefox.

Chrome ran O.K. but I did not like the fact that it is about 10X the size of other browsers.

I suppose Magnum, but even when I have 4 apps open (Outlook, Word, Flash CS5 and Photoshop) I still have nearly 3GB RAM free out of 4GB and with a 1 terabyte HD space available I can afford it, so for me what does it matter? I think Chrome is snappy and except for a couple miner annoyances I like it (for now) over the other browsers.
My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: TmX on November 07, 2011, 05:41:00 PM
Chrome is the primary, though.  :P

TmX,

As it is mine. The only thing I wish it would do is when you click on a link it doesn't bring that tab to the front unless you hold the Ctrl+Shift key down when you click the link.
My MASM32 Examples.

Magnum

Bill,

I was referring to Chrome's program size, not it's memory use.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

AParsons

I tried Chrome, but didn't find any benefit over Firefox 3.6.23. Besides, I like things like Tree style tabs, No script, adblock, which I don't think Chrome can use. Firefox 8 and IE 8 are far too bloated for me.

Bill Cravener

I must have pissed off the Firefox users. I've been getting hammered by them from overseas. :bg

Here's an interesting read about where Chrome (my favorite browser) is headed.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/google-chrome-on-track-to-overtake-firefox-in-2011

And this article.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/google-chrome-overtakes-firefox-in-uk-browser-market/

My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

i thought SeaMonkey was an amped-up version of FireFox   :P