MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Reposting, because I did it wrong...

Started by tilman, July 23, 2011, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tilman

Hi Everybody,

just getting started with 16 bit MASM on a DOSBox. Should have done this 20 years ago, really :wink

Slight criticism at the start, after all the trouble you go to to prevent spammers, you send me my password in plain text? :eek I hope that doesn't mean you're storing it in plain text, as well...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Tilman

hutch--

I can't tell you much about forum security for security reasons but as long as you don't pass it around, no-one will find it. :)

It may be worth you looking at 32 bit assembler as 16 bit unless you have a dedicated reason is nothing like as powerful and later OS versions don't support it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

16-bit has a few good lessons to learn
but, 32-bit allows you to write GUI programs - the only way to fly

welcome to the forum   :U

tilman

Thanks! I'm planning to move on to 32 bit assembly. It's just my book is a bit old and started with 16 bit and I figured it'll come in handy when I write my own OS :wink

Bill Cravener

Quote from: tilman on July 26, 2011, 11:07:42 AM
. . .and I figured it'll come in handy when I write my own OS :wink

Your own OS? Now where have I heard that before? Oh, I remember, some dude who calls himself Spook, you know from that other board, said he was creating something called DynatOS. Lets see, it's been what, some six-eight years or so ago? I wonder how that's been going.

Anyway tilman I'm just joking you, welcome on-board!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

tilman

Thanks, gotta check that out, sometime  :U

daydreamer

welcome Tilman, when you are ready, try out 128bit parallel computing ala SSE