Communicating with to diferent processes using a pipe....HELLLLP!

Started by xandaz, July 19, 2011, 05:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

How do i get the information from the pipe... i wanted two edit controls and what is typed in the first one appears on the second... Can someone show me?

baltoro

ZEMTEX,
Did you even read the documentation ? Using Pipes, MSDN
CreateNamedPipe, MSDN. You should specify a size for your buffer,...scroll to bottom of page.
Also, here is an interesting article: What's the Difference Between an Asynchronous PIPE_WAIT Pipe and a PIPE_NOWAIT Pipe?
Synchronous and Overlapped Pipe I/O, MSDN
Named Pipe Client, MSDN
Baltoro

Twister

xandaz,

Are these programs created by you? It would be easier if they were.

I didn't see you had an attachment there.

xandaz

hurry up Horton....lol....i'm desperate for answers.... jk

Twister

Why do you have a window with the same class name for each program? Although, it doesn't affect Windows, it's recommended that you not do that.

All you need to do to accomplish this is to view the target process messages to find EN_CHANGE (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb761676%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)

This can help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632589%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

I am not running on Windows, so I can not fully test this. Rest assure because, in theory, this should work.

xandaz

baltoro

...I'm lost. I think I'm in the wrong thread.
Baltoro

xandaz

I just found out the program doesn't even work without the pipe. can someone tell me what's wrong with the streaming? This should be peace of cake to you guys. Thanks

MichaelW

Is the goal here to learn how to use a named pipe, or just to transfer data between the edit controls?
eschew obfuscation

xandaz

baltoro

Baltoro

qWord

FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

baltoro

...Sorry, qWord,...I'm experiencing a little anxiety over this issue,...  :toothy

ZEMTEX, 
I'd guess that the problem is that your: Edit Stream Callback Function is not executing. You could easily test this.

Regardless, Raymond Chen has a blog entry specifically on this subject: How Do I Load An Entire File Into a Rich Text Control?
Baltoro