News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Parent and Owner Windows

Started by baltoro, June 17, 2011, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

I stumbled upon this blog entry from Raymond Chen: A Window Can Have A Parent Or An Owner But Not Both, March 2010, and, you Non-Canadians may find the article interesting. I did,...but, only because I screw up my Z-Order all the time. Raymond Chen considers this among his: Five Things Every Win32 Programmer Needs To Know,...
Anyway,...
What's REALLY interesting about this article (if you scroll down about two-thirds of the way) is: that a Russian programmer posted a link to a Demo Application,...written in MASM style assembly language that displays a dialog box showing Parent and Owner relationships of various Windows. I thought you guys might have some fun with it,...
The address for the zip file that contains: the compiled executable, the assembly source file, an RC resource file, a manifest file, and an Icon (along with instructions in both English and Russian is here: Parent-Owner Demo.zip.

:eek ...And, if you're like me, and you want to know: What's the worst-case scenaio of mindless things I can do to REALLY screw up Windows,...
...Read this: What's So Special About The Desktop Window?
Baltoro