masmforum WebSite

Security issues

Started by theunknownguy, March 24, 2010, 01:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

Person #1 - Can you keep a secret?
Person #2 (eagerly) - Yes!
Person #1 - So can I.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

theunknownguy

Quote from: sinsi on March 24, 2010, 06:58:58 AM
QuoteSince when declaring that you have metamorph code, CRC or something else is going to make an insecure estatement?...
The same way that knowing a password needs to be x characters long does, it gives you a starting point. CRC can be got around, metamorphic code
is just 90% bullshit, easy to get around. Ever come across IdaPro? Or razor1911?

Once your code is in memory and running, you can look at it. Obfuscation can help but only to make it longer to get around.
Things need to be decrypted before they can be executed, that's when you look at them.

It isnt the same, if i tell you i use AES then is going to make a difference? lol...

I will never say my password uses X characters longs that is insecure, but a CRC? ok you know i have a CRC where is?.

i dont want to espoil but i worked with deviance in some things, same has ARTeam and probably they just "offical games" crackers not like "cheaters".

My system is oriented to more aggresive teams like Free Cracking China Group thats why i have a deal with oreans, they cover me on top and i add my security inside.

Also metamorph doesnt means to be decrypted same has obfuscation, meaby you have never worked on it, and i cant put an example by forum rules, but a metamorph code + permutation instructions will execute generating new code without getting any "decryption". If i am allowed to post some metamorph of a CMP instruction it would be much more easier to explain.

Still not afraid, my product isnt targeting Razor1911, Daviance or other windows games crackers. My is targeting professional unpackers teams like Free Cracking China Group, wich for be hironic they always crack oreans product, so pretty much we are helping each other (with oreans) ^^.

Some moderator please close this thread seems to be no real advice that i was looking for.