News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Why is edit control message output so many times?

Started by hotrod, December 04, 2009, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

The message connected to the edit control is output twice when loading and twice when clicked on, why and how correct? See attached. Thanks...

Thisa forum is not a paid help desk but it is a reference source so please do not treat it like that. I have removed the [SOLVED] tag and ask that it not be done again. !!!!

qWord

The two message send at creation are EN_UPDATE and EN_CHANGE. When you click inside the edit the EN_SETFOCUS message is send. Through theMessageBox the control lost the focus -> EN_KILLFOCUS.
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

hotrod

Thanks qWord, it's working now. Got a question though, Is your operating system really 64 bit (qWord)? I am still running on 8.

qWord

Quote from: hotrod on December 05, 2009, 12:28:14 AM
Got a question though, Is your operating system really 64 bit (qWord)? I am still running on 8
really? - I'm sure you meant 32bit.  :bg
Currently I'm using both, 32 and 64bit OS (Vista...) - usage: 99% 32bit, 1% 64bit (only for development) .

regards, qWord (just some alias)

FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

hotrod

Just kidding about your use of qWord as username. I was considering Windows 7, but they need to spend a few months getting the busgs out and producing drivers that will work with it. I don't want to destroy my XP which hasn't given me any problems for a nightmare. Thanks for your help.