News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Append existing file

Started by unknown, August 24, 2009, 11:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

this is abit random but to me it seriously blew my mind to find out php/perl didn't have a setfilepoint equivilant built in. for php a addon like pear might give it the ability, but you'd think itd have it as its core, considering how essential it is.

dedndave

i think they have security issues in mind
there are a lot of limitations for coding webpages because of security
very different from writing applications

ecube

Quote from: dedndave on August 25, 2009, 10:11:38 AM
i think they have security issues in mind
there are a lot of limitations for coding webpages because of security
very different from writing applications

eh idk about that one, only explanation i've gotten is PHP is more about speed, and focuses on offloading most of the workload onto other things(like databases) that way users can be accomdated faster. The lack of setfilepointer still doesn't fit as you can read entire files into memory, do what you like, then write it back out, which is not ideal at all.

hutch--

abdul,

Its always our pleasure to have members from all over the world and Saudi Arabia is no exception but a word of wisdom here, this forum must survive in a dangerous and often unfriendly internet world and to do that we act to protect our members by setting a clear set of rules about content and techniques. If you join and then immediately ask unusual questions then argue with the members, we end up suspicious about what you are after.

When someone asks you about WHY you are writing something or what you want to do with it, its because we have been bitten many times by people who have done similar things so they can hack websites, crack software or write malicious code like viruses and trojans.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php