News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Defective Template?

Started by ThexDarksider, June 10, 2009, 12:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThexDarksider

Sry I don't know where should this post go but it should be okay here. I got a problem when using qeditor's dialog box template, first it has a small error, it misses a "\" character in one place. Then I add that and compile it and when I ran that on my laptop I got a BSOD. :'( Does anyone know why? The code seems fine, it's a built-in template with "invoke"s.

rags

I just made a dialog from the template script and it works fine for me. If you post your code, it will give others
a better chance to see what's going on. :)
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

jj2007

The code you posted assembles fine and displays a box.

hutch--

Just make sure your computer is configured properly, no viruses, trojans or OS damage. These things are very dificult to debug and will make normal programs fail to run properly.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

QuoteI have 5 different Anti Virus/Anti Spyware/Firewall products installed at the same time at high pattern/heuristic detection level

there's your problem, right there - lol
pick one

dedndave

i am here to tell ya - those programs generally do little to protect you
what they do is, provide virus authors with a guideline of how to circumvent them
they also hog system resources because they run all the time
get a scanner that runs on demand
i use malwarebyte's anti-malware
super anti-spyware IS a virus in my book - lol
avg used to be good but has fallen to the wayside
get rid of all that crap

hutch--

Word of wisdom from an old fella, get rid of all that AV junk, install your OS squeaky clean from the distribution disk, secure it with a decent manual firewall and filter your email at the server. NEVER EVER use Internet Exploder or Outlook, control what you download and you have bypassed the trash that is causing you so much trouble at the moment.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

lol @ internet exploder
what a piece of crap
each new version gets crappier and crappier
it's almost a joke

Slugsnack

Quote from: ThexDarksider on June 10, 2009, 02:22:59 PM
Yeah I don't use tenretnI redolpxE, I even thought that it's gonna be stripped from Win7 because it's a piece of whole crap! I don't understand how can someone "use" IE because "Firefox doesn't work"?! Click, click, proxy configured... And InWatch (outlo_Ok) I mean outlook too... The only reason while I still have all these AVs is this: let's just shorten the story: if I didn't have AntiVir, I'd get a trojan twice this week :( I was DoSing a site and I stumbled upon a profile page with some noobish script kiddie iframe exploit, which could be enough to f*ck my PC up (who knows what was that, probably vundo), but that's XP's fault, when I upgrade I'll get rid of extra stuff. :P

Quote from: hutch-- on June 10, 2009, 01:37:40 PM
install your OS squeaky clean from the distribution disk

Well that is kinda ironic because I have a 10,1" laptop with no CD drive :lol I just have the I386 folder on C:\
you sound like such a skiddy..  your childish antics are impressing no one.  this is the wrong board for you

Slugsnack

so you get trojans twice a week from being a good boy and doing your homework on winword.exe ?

Slugsnack

funny 'always running the browser in a sandbox' should prevent foreign content being stored permanently on your machine.  gosh you're cool coding a proof of concept trojan !

BlackVortex

Omg !!!

If I had a kid like you I'd sell it to a slaver   :cheekygreen:

Slugsnack

BlackVortex

No ! Plz don't enable all the features of the trojan !

BTW one of my 6 (I had to uninstall 2, my system was getting slow) antiviruses detected a trojan when I opened this page, weird, huh ? Some win32/14yo_skiddie heuristics. False positive, or what ?