News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PCLinuxOS

Started by shankle, May 18, 2009, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

Does anyone have any experience with the PcLinuxOS (pclos) Distro?
Experience with it at this point is 0.0.
Tried to find out if it uses any command line commands. If it does, fine BUT it must give me another way to do the same thing
by pointing and clicking. I heard it presented the most Windows like appearance of the bunch. Is this true?
Will keep reading and maybe I can find the answers but thought I would venture a shot here.
Thanks for any suggestions.

The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

shankle

For what it is worth. I now have a triple booting system of which PCLINUXOS is one.
Of course it's different and  I will have to find out what program does what. So far it
doesn't seem to be back in the dark ages forcing you to learn a bunch of command lines
to get something done. It has Firefox and Thunderbird, which I will use heavily.
If you doing a single OS installation it should run very smoothly. However the fun starts in a
dual or triple booting situation.  Or if pclinuxos is on a 2nd HD. Neosmart has a program
that handles the MBR and Grub called Easybcd.
It's so much nicer to not have windows popping up in front of your face  because some
company wants data on what your are doing on your PC. It's none of their business.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress