News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

New "Go" tools versions

Started by jorgon, April 19, 2009, 05:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgon

I have now uploaded to the Go tools website all the latest "Go" tools versions, previously published in bits and pieces on this site (with the exception of the latest GoLink).
The latest version numbers are:-
GoAsm Version 0.56.6
GoRC Version 0.90.4
GoLink Version 0.26.10

I have also added all these to the latest EcGo.zip file for use with the Easy Code IDE.
Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

donkey

"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

C:\GoASM\Bin\GoLink.EXE  "Help2 Viewer.obj" "Help2 Viewer.res"

GoLink.Exe Version 0.26.10 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2002/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk
Output file: Help2 Viewer.exe
Format: win32 size: 84,480 bytes

Make finished.

That strange character still alive. :red

donkey

Hi UtilMasm,

It is the UTF-8 BOM, when shown in ANSI that's how it looks. The output is probably encoded in UTF-8, the BOM is used to indicate the encoding type (since UTF-8 has no byte order issues) and the editor you are using should ignore it as does the CMD window. RadAsm will print the BOM since it does not expect format markers in the output from the pipe. This is not a bug in my opinion but an example of the robust programming we are all used to from Jeremy and GoAsm, allowing any editor to know the encoding of the character output regardless of what it is expecting. As an example you can pipe the output to a text file and view it in notepad, the characters are still there but ignored so they are not displayed.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

I look in the output again.
the strange character is 'EFh BBh BFh' 3 bytes!
these 3 bytes is 'UTF-8 signature' right or 'UTF-8 BOM'?
is so, i think UTF-8 can need signature or not need.
i need a golink option or switche to disable generate signature, becasue i need it compatible with RadASM.

donkey

Hi UtilMasm,

I have been using GoAsm with RadAsm for many years, I wrote the very first GoAsm implementation for RadAsm, and have never had a problem with the BOM, after all the only thing that Ketil does is pipe the output to a text window, there is absolutely no compatibility issue at all.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Mark Jones

Great work Jeremy, thanks as always. :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

1rDirEctoALgran0

Hi UtillMasm,

the best thing would be that Ketil Olsen modifies RadAsm.
The output window could be printed in UTF-mode so you could use UTF characters. (And japanese characters for variable names...  :toothy)

Patrick

1rDirEctoALgran0

Another step.  :thumbu
(Don't forget to implement some FPU :eek, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4, SSE5, ... , SSE19 :lol instructions )

Patrick

[attachment deleted by admin]

UtillMasm

you're right.
in fact RadASM released source code. so it's easy. and my RadASM custom version 2.2.1.2 has support GoLink's UTF-8 print.
i just suggest GoASM can do more.