News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Windows file cut paste error

Started by ecube, March 29, 2009, 06:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

This is unrelated to Assembly but its a real weird issue I can't figure out. Anytime I cut/paste a file in explorer the file becomes unaccesible. I can't delete it, rename, or access it in anyway. Even after reboot...so the directory and that file stays in its location forever atm...i've looked at open file handle tools and none show anything, anyone have any ideas? If I copy paste the file theres no problem its just the cutting and no I don't have a anti-virus or firewall installed.

BlackVortex

Absolutely weird ? Do you have an antivirus ?

Also, you said you checked the open file handles, but still, have you used Unlocker ?
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

ecube

thanks for the link, the program says it can't unlock it, but it appears to be able to delete the files atleast :D fantastic!

BlackVortex

Great   :8)  , but which handles does it show ?  explorer.exe ?

Vortex

E^cube,

Not sure but do you have any issues with NTFS permissions or file ownerships?

ecube

vortex i'm the admin and only user on this system, so I don't think that's it. This isn't a huge problem in that I can just copy files over then delete the old, but I had files from months ago that I accidently cut and pasted somewhere else, and it that made the file unaccesible, and undeletable even after reboot, which is so was frustrating. This great program BlackVortex recommended says no file handle is open when I try and free it, but it deletes the file fine which is all I need!