Microsoft sales drop again, rest of year uncertain

Started by drhowarddrfine, January 22, 2009, 02:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhowarddrfine

As I had predicted three months ago, Microsoft reported quarterly earnings this morning and they were dismal.  Even worse than I thought they would be and down for the third straight quarter.

Operating income, net income and diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $5.94 billion, $4.17 billion and $0.47, declines of 8%, 11% and 6%, respectively, despite that during the quarter, Microsoft showcased significant new product by debuting Windows 7, Windows Azure, Office Web applications, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2.

Microsoft also states the future is uncertain.  Chris Liddell, chief financial officer at Microsoft: "We are planning for economic uncertainty to continue through the remainder of the fiscal year, almost certainly leading to lower revenue and earnings for the second half relative to the previous year.

Microsoft also stated it is no longer able to offer quantitative revenue and EPS guidance for the balance of this fiscal year.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on January 22, 2009, 02:20:28 PM
As I had predicted three months ago, Microsoft reported quarterly earnings this morning and they were dismal.

Well dr, sounds like your having a good day!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

MichaelW

Not necessarily, Doc may actually be heavily invested in Microsoft and trying to help them, obscuring the meaningful complaints by surrounding them with BS.
eschew obfuscation

vanjast

Hey doc...
Bill has paid for his Saudi Yacht, and berthed it in Monaco..
:cheekygreen:

hutch--

What I would like to know is why Microsoft is any diferent to GM, Ford, Boeing, Wall Street, the European and Asian stock markets etc etc .....

If everyone elses numbers are down with the global economic problems, why should Microsoft be immune to such movements ?
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php