MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Easy Code Settings anomaly ??

Started by vanjast, December 22, 2008, 07:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanjast

Hi Ramon,
I'm not whether this is a bug with the Tools -> Settings ->Editor tab -> Keywords Syntax Correction Option.

Correct me here, but this setting auto corrects the 'case' (etc) of a line of code when one hits Return (linefeed).
If this is the case, I've had a a problem with this auto correction not occuring when using the PROC input parameters.

Eg

SomeProc Proc Private myWord:Dword
   mov  eax, myword

There would be no case correction on the 'W' of myword, making the myword 'undeclared' when compiling

I was a bit DOF about this and the problem only dissapeared when I used Tools->Correct Syntax (ed) the file.
xtra note: If I saved the file, exited, then reloaded the project, the 'case' would be corrected.

Your thoughts
van
:U

Ramon Sala

Hi van,

Yes, it would be a bug if it happened but I've trying your example and the line:

Mov  Eax, myWord

gets corrected if the Keyword syntax correction option is checked. It works perfectly well to me, so I don't understand what happens.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

vanjast

Hi Ramon, It does work when the option is checked, but I've noticed every now and then the IDE stops auto-correcting the syntax.
I think if one incorrectly spells the variable, compile, then later correct the spelling but not the case, it spins out...

I'll look more into this and come back later with the symptoms..
:bg

Ramon Sala

Okay Van, thanks.

If syntax auto-correction stops working (I don't know why), no doubt, there is a bug.
Greetings from Catalonia