News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

How to write a macro?

Started by travism, December 16, 2008, 09:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

travism

I did some searching around the forum, I think I have a basic Idea on how to do it. So would I simply just write procedure's that I want and just include them in my project? Or how could I create a library from that? Just write the procedure's and then link them and just include them when I would compile the application? Sorry just some confusing parts to me. Thanks for all your help!

rags

Macros can be written in a separate file, say for example a file named : MyMacros.asm

Then when you need to use them in your program, just include them at the beginning
after the other includes.

ie:
       include mymacros.com

hope that helps ....
BTW just out of curioisity is that your website "www.intelkoder.net"?
And are you the "masta cracka c0da person dude" listed on top?

The reason That I  ask is that a person who said they wrote This :
Quote"program that will sit in your system tray and has hotkey features that allows you to quickly take notes and minimize it again. It was written in assembly so its very fast and the file size is only 5kB"
that asks questions about using macros and or procedures in a project leaves me wondering whether or not they actually wrote the software that they are asking donations for.
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

travism

yup intelkoder is my site, and yeah i asked my friend "what should I put as my heading?" lol... and so we just tried to come up with something random, and thanks for the info on the macro I think I got it now, and I wasnt asking question's about how to write procedure's I was simply asking if the way to write macro's correctly in assembly is writing a procedure in a seperate file and just including it in your main asm file.

travism

and to your point on the mininote, ive always wrote every program in one assembly file (mostly) so I was wondering the correct ways to write macro's, If you would like to seet he source to mininote i have no problem showing you it too btw.

rags

Travism, I didn't think about single source for the proggie since I don't code that way, it was early in the morning for me  sorry for that :(
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

Tedd

Do you actually mean macro, library function, or separate modules? They are different things. (There seems to be confusion in the way you're referring to them.)
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

travism

I meant actual macro. For now I just wrote some procedures in a seperate file and use that for now. Also rag, no big deal :)