Two simple questions about using QEditor, version 3.5

Started by simonst, December 12, 2008, 03:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonst

Hello,
can anyone give me some hints how I can optimally use the command "File->Set Current Directory"??
I have not found out yet in which cases this command would be most useful. What difference is between this command
and the menu "File patterns" (for open, save, merge and run) in "Edit->Edit Settings"??

I use QEditor, version 3.5, the OS is Windows XP, ServicePack2. It seems that the "Selection->Tab Replacement"
(1 Space for Tab, 2 Spaces for Tab....) commands don't work correctly. Because I see no result when I select a block of
text and use one of these commands.

Can anyone help me? I am thankful for every kind of hint.
Sincere, Stefan

Tedd

Quote from: simonst on December 12, 2008, 03:35:10 PM
can anyone give me some hints how I can optimally use the command "File->Set Current Directory"??
Short answer: don't :bdg (it sets the OS current folder/directory for the current drive letter)

What difference is between this command and the menu "File patterns" (for open, save, merge and run) in "Edit->Edit Settings"??
The file patterns are meant for "*.*" or "*.asm" - not the folder to perform file operations.

I use QEditor, version 3.5, the OS is Windows XP, ServicePack2. It seems that the "Selection->Tab Replacement" (1 Space for Tab, 2 Spaces for Tab....) commands don't work correctly. Because I see no result when I select a block of text and use one of these commands.
It doesn't alter the selected text, it modifies what happens when you press the TAB key (i.e. insert n spaces, instead of tab character.)

That was 3 questions :P
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

MichaelW

At least for QE 3.5b, 3.0k, and 3.0n, the tab replacement function does work on the selected text, replacing tab characters with spaces according to the current tab size setting. I think the problem here is an incorrect assumption that QE inserts tab characters when you press the tab key. You can spot tab characters by noting how the caret moves or the column number changes when you navigate left or right across them. In my tests QE used a tab size of 6 for the tab characters, independent of the tab size setting.
eschew obfuscation

simonst

Thank You very much for your great help!!!
Sincere Stefan