MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

IVT number required !!

Started by proSun, August 19, 2008, 08:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

proSun

Hi there,
    I want to write a TSR program in assembly language, which will execute whenever a storage device ( e.g. pen drive ) will be plugged into the system. But I don't know what is the IVT no. for this kind of interrupt. Kindly provide sufficient information in this regard.

Actually I want to block access of my system by executing a TSR program whenever a  storage device will be plug into system. My TSR will ask for the password, and if the password is right then it will pass the control to the default ISR for the said interrupt. In this way I can guard the system from missuse or from intruders who want to steal information in our absent.

Kindly help me, I am waiting for IVT no.

proSun

Mark Jones

Hello proSun, if this is regarding DOS 16-bit programming, perhaps asking in the DOS-Based Assembler Forum would produce more (and better) responses. The Colosseum is usually home to argumentative or other off-topic posts.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

BlackVortex

* BlackVortex checks the date ... yep, it's 2008.

MichaelW

If by pen drive you mean a USB Flash drive, there is probably no dedicated interrupt and no BIOS support. If the system is running DOS, then a TSR should be workable, but interfacing with the drive will be more or less difficult. If the system is running Windows, then interfacing with the drive will probably be somewhat easier, but a TSR will not work.
eschew obfuscation