News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Poison Ivy Detected!!!

Started by chris27wjoyner, July 31, 2008, 04:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris27wjoyner

I was practicing asm with Easy Code Masm.  It compiled a trojan horse called PoisonIvy.  Thank God my virus shield detected it when I tryed to run it.

How come masm is compiling trojans, when my program is written to start, and then exit?

I was using the Easy Code Masm IDE.  I did not write a virus, but that is what got compiled.

Using Easy code or masm, you might want to virus scan with AVG.

chris27wjoyner

Can this post be moved to the Easy Code General Forum?

BogdanOntanu

Quote from: chris27wjoyner on July 31, 2008, 04:18:41 PM
Can this post be moved to the Easy Code General Forum?

Done.

I really doubt that Easy Code or MASM32 or simply MASM do compile or contain a virus. It is very unlikely but you should check carefully from what site you downloaded them. If you got them from from official sources == NO WAY.

You might already have a virus that is a file infecter and it might jump in and infect your program right after you compile it (again unlikely).

It is most likely a false positive from your anti virus program heuristics. ASM programs are no mainstream today and AV companies do not check them for false positives.
Ambition is a lame excuse for the ones not brave enough to be lazy.
http://www.oby.ro

jj2007

Why don't you simply zip your source and post it, so that we all can assemble the trojan?

Ramon Sala

Hi,

All that I can say is that Easy Code is absolutely virus-free. It is certified by Softpedia and Soft32Download.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia