News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Interfacing HLA with MASM

Started by Aiva, August 24, 2008, 04:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiva

POLINK: fatal error: Invalid machine type in object 'masmUpper.obj'. This error comes from compiling HLA example Vol 4 Ch 12 called masmdemo1.hla, which can be found on Webster in hla examples. Compiled using these command line commands:

ml -c masmupper.masm                         
hla masmdemo1.hla masmupper.obj

They should be correct as those examples have been updated recently.

I would appreciate any help which would help me to sort this problem out, as it is very important feature to me, which i intend(ed)  :green to use *a lot*         

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Aiva on August 24, 2008, 04:30:51 PM
POLINK: fatal error: Invalid machine type in object 'masmUpper.obj'. This error comes from compiling HLA example Vol 4 Ch 12 called masmdemo1.hla, which can be found on Webster in hla examples. Compiled using these command line commands:

ml -c masmupper.masm                         
hla masmdemo1.hla masmupper.obj

They should be correct as those examples have been updated recently.

I would appreciate any help which would help me to sort this problem out, as it is very important feature to me, which i intend(ed)  :green to use *a lot*         

Well, first of all, if you going to combine HLA and MASM code, I strongly recommend that you use MASM and MSLink as your back-end assembler and linker for HLA. That will simplify things tremendously.  To do this, define the following two environment variables:

set hla=mhla
set hlalink=mslink

Of course, ml.exe and link.exe must be in your execution path in order for this to work.
hLater,
Randy Hyde