MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

SSE Opcode Help File

Started by Farabi, August 08, 2008, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the comment, the re-organization of the database into an ASCIIZ table will be completed today. It 'does' have a brief explanation of what each instruction does if you look in the database itself. Your point that the flags are missing is well said. I plan to add that, soon. Right now, I just want to condition the database for ease of use in a listview. I will use the same principle as I used in the ASCIIable utility where I create a pointer to the start of the database and essentially walk the entire database adding data to each column as the pointer will always point to a null terminated string.

Once the table is converted, I will remove the formatting necessary for ml.exe and make a second version of a table that will easily show in HTML, etc. I will release both of them tomorrow.

Should I narrow the searches to the first column or all columns? Also, since each field is padded to a uniform length per column size, it is relatively easy to add editting ability which is the final goal (along with Exportcapability.

When I first made the database, it involved so many hours, I made a brute force program to show it worked while asking everyone to consider making a better display mechanism. There were several offers but then, nothing. So, I will do it myself.

-- Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

PBrennick

Everyone,
I have finished converting the Opcode Database into something that is more eye appealing. There are 3 data files:

OpcodeDatabase.asc,  formatted in assembly, suitable for dropping into a source file.
OpcodeDatabase.txt   formatted as a text file suitable for dropping into an editor. Very searchable.
OpcodeDatabase.html formatted as an html table, also very searchable.

I have also created a listview program using the first example. The sources are included in OpcodeDatabase.zip
The three text files are all included in Opcodes.zip

--Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website