News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Having fun with assembly.

Started by Bill Cravener, April 08, 2008, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

You know in my day when I programmed in assembly there was lots of fun stuff to play with like this one by Dougie Murray. I think he wrote this back in 2004. Don't know what ever happened to that dude but this speech example of his was lots of fun to play with. I've made it a bit simpler to toy around with. It's free for private use so enjoy. I sure did! Requires hutch's masm32 package to assemble. If you do not have XP or Vista you may need to install a speech engine if you haven't already. If you find any errors, well then, fix them. :bg

[attachment deleted by admin]
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

jj2007

Yeah, it's fun! Enter

invoke SendDlgItemMessage,hWin,ID_EDIT1,EM_SETSEL,0,0

and click on "Speak" ;-)

Bill Cravener

That's freaky. :bg

Here's another: masm32rocks

I favor the Anna voice myself (I wonder what she looks like, a fox I'd bet). :lol
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Bill Cravener

Just wanted to post an update to this thread. I was very pleased to hear from Dougie Murray today and found out that he is a member of the Masm Forum. His handle is dougiem. Anyway, I wanted to thank him publicly for such a great assembly example on how to use speech with asm. Nice job dougiem! :bg
My MASM32 Examples.