News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Latest GoAsm, GoLink and GoRC versions

Started by jorgon, May 03, 2008, 10:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgon

I've uploaded new versions of GoAsm (0.56.4c), GoLink (26.9d) and GoRC (0.90.3c) available from:-
here (GoAsm)
here (GoLink) and
here (GoRC) respectively.

These new versions incorporate the recent changes posted on this site with a few other alterations too.

The main changes are:-
GoAsm: (1) When calling a lib file, not dealing properly with code functions starting with two leading underscore and in some cases one leading underscore.  (2) A structure which is not aligned and which asks for SIZEOF itself, label align information is missing.
GoLink: (1) Unlimited unitialised data now allowed, with warning at 64MB. (2) Correcting wrong resource name sort (same as GoRC). (3) Fault when exporting decorated function names.  (4) Dbg file slightly incorrect causing debugger problems on very rare occasions.
GoRC: (1) Correcting wrong resource name sort.  (2) Increased Stringtable capacity.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

donkey

Hi Jeremy,

A little bug when I am using my vKim debug stuff, the library and include file worked perfectly on previous versions however it now gives the error

QuoteThe following symbol was not defined in the object file or files:-
_szDbgCommandLine
Output file not made

Ofcourse the symbol is szDbgCommandLine without the underscore, and for some reason GoAsm wants to decorate the name in the way C does. If I add the underscore everything is fine. The symbols is defined in debug.a and referenced in debug.lib, everything assembles properly when I add the symbol to debug.a with the underscore.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

PS:

This is probably my last day off for quite some time, at least a couple of months and I will be out of reach of the internet so I will only be able to respond sproatically and certainly not be able to test any fixes. I will try to look in on my email from time to time but even that will be hit and miss. I hope to upload the header project as it stands right now before I leave tomorrow.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jorgon

Edgar

Thanks for reporting this so quickly.  Ramon Sala also reported the same problem, and I am working on it as a matter of urgency.

jorgon

The problem was that I was asked by a GoAsm user to ensure that where a function call in a library had a leading underscore, the leading underscore was retained so that all internal symbols could be resolved, and in respect of external symbols so that the MinGW linker could then find the function.  So if the library had this type of call:-
CALL _HELLO
It would be important for the symbol to be recorded in the object file as _HELLO.  Otherwise the MinGW linker could not find it.

I added this, relying on a look-forward to see if there was @ + digits type decoration.  If "yes" stripping out the leading underscore but if "no", retaining it.  Unfortunately this ignored the possibility that some MS libraries might add a leading underscore as decoration yet not have any parameters (eg. "C" functions, calls with no parameters or data labels).

I have now largely reverted to the previous code, but added a command line switch for my correspondent to use.
Users should find that the attached version of GoAsm works normally for them without any changes.

I'll document the new command line switch a bit later.

Sorry for the inconvenience everybody!

[attachment deleted by admin]

donkey

Works fine Jeremy, WinExplorer and some other big apps assemble without errors.

Thanks,

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jorgon

Edgar

Thanks so much for interrupting your packing to test and report.

Have a good trip!