News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Issues with new verisons

Started by ecube, March 16, 2008, 02:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

The old verisons of radasm I had were outstanding, got everything just how I liked it, unfortunately had some harddrive issues so lost that copy. Now I go to grab the new version, and wow? can it be anymore confusing? Even after I got the different packages I needed in the directory it's not even compiling my code with masm when I tell it too. I hate all the changes, I hate the fact theres no simple installer and the fact I have to do all this reading and messing around to do what I could do in the past without effort...to the author I highly appreciate your hardwork, but I think you've taken big steps back in the project. i've been messing with this for 15 minutes now and i'm still unable to add a new programming language, followed all the directions...it still only has html set.

Ghirai

Might be a bit unintuitive at first, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad :P
MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

KetilO

Hi E^cube

Yes, it is a bit cumbersome.

First download and install the IDE pack.
Then download the programming language(s) pack(s) and install.

The clue is to install the programming pack so that the masm.ini file (and other ini files) is in the same directory as RadASM.exe

After that it is just a matter of adding the programming languages you want with Option / Programming Languages.

KetilO