MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

3D_Core

Started by NightWare, April 07, 2008, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWare

hi all,

many people are interested by 3d stuffs, so i've spent some time to translate an old wip version of my current work (the good thing is, i've fixed some code on my current work, during the translation  :toothy). the translation concern every functions, labels, variables names and essential comments for a good understanding (i hope you will appreciate), i have also removed all things that could generate a problem of comprehension (except the screen capture, in the case where someone use this core, i will appreciate a screenshot of the work made...).

here everything is made in asm, the rare api calls are only for OS compatibility, it's a sse version, so it can be compiled/used by most people here. it will show you how i've procceed to do the job (not exactly what you could find on the net... :P).

after examined the code, you will certainly understand why global rotation matrix is far better... not only because you "push" calculations ouside of the loop for most 3d objects, but also because it allow an align16 treatment on unaligned datas (similar to RGBR,GBRG,BRGB technic, but for X,Y,Z dwords), when done correctly. and you will also understand why most processors work like they do. after that, i hope i will read considerably less stupidities about 3d stuffs...  :bg

enjoy !  :wink

ps: i had to made some modifications to post it, so i hope you will not have problem to compile it...

[attachment deleted by admin]

daydreamer

great work Nightware  :U even if I dont understand french much