MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MASM vs goASM

Started by stevenp, April 14, 2008, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenp

MASM vs goASM

I have enjoyed the tutorials that cover Easy Code and goASM and I am looking forward to the next Chapter but I am curious which is easier, lower level and perhaps is considered (opinion wise) the best to learn in the long run.  MASM appears a little higher level but that is an early assumption.

I had planned on learning HLA and got the book but have not gone through it yet.  It does seem like a nice general purpose assembly language, though.

All opinions are greatly appreciated. Everyone has reasons on why they like what they like and I enjoy hearing them.

Vortex

Hi stevenp,

Masm provides high-level constructs but don't forget that you can write low-level code without using those high-level elements. GoAsm is a very powerfull assembler maintained by Jeremy Gordon. You can find a lot of nice articles in Jeremy's website ( Have a look in "Go" tutorials and sample code )

http://www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk

You would like also to check Pelle Orinius's macro assembler Poasm. It has a syntax nearly identical to Masm and it supports the AMD64 platform.

stevenp

Thanks, Vortex, I appreciated your input.  :U