MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

TempClean

Started by Darrel, February 08, 2005, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Hi All,

I found out Windows XP does not cleanup its temp folder, so I wrote a little program that does it each time a user logs on. It does not mess with folders in the temp folder such as History or Temporary Internet files. It will go 10 folders deep which should be sufficient. I don't know if the situation is the same on earlier versions of Windows.

The program size is 5.0 KB. Hope it proves useful to someone.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Darrel

[attachment deleted by admin]

carlos

Quote from: Darrel on February 08, 2005, 05:29:08 AM
Hi All,

I found out Windows XP does not cleanup its temp folder, so I wrote a little program that does it each time a user logs on. It does not mess with folders in the temp folder such as History or Temporary Internet files. It will go 10 folders deep which should be sufficient. I don't know if the situation is the same on earlier versions of Windows.

The program size is 5.0 KB. Hope it proves useful to someone.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Darrel

Hi Darrel

Surprise, Surprise!!!!
Windows  :naughty: *NEVER*  :naughty: clean up the temp folder, not XP, not even win 1.0, that is left as *an exercise to the user* :wink  :wink
in fact part of the mantenance I did to the PCs in my jobs is to clean the temp folder, internet temp folder, and the temp files scatered around  the HD, so you could call it a "job security feature" ::) ::), This may seem funy, but with older versions of office, (97 and below) you could get strange operation of the suite, who disapear, as son as you clean the temp files, thats where I get the habit of cleaning them

Win 2K/XP had a tool in the accesories/system tools called "space reclaimer" or somesuch (I don't remember the name correctly, and the machine I'm writing this is in spanish (my mother tonge), it seecks all the rubbis in your HD and delete it for you, (after asking of course)

saludos
Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

AeroASM

Its called Disk Cleanup