News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Making A Static LIB

Started by localmotion34, February 01, 2008, 09:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

localmotion34

I program in alot of different languages, so my setup for all compilers is under one "Programming" folder.  I have MASM, FASM, GoASM, PureBasic, PowerBasic ect. 

I am trying to compile Donkey's RC6 encryption to a static lib.  After i create a new static lib project in RadAsm, i add the RC6.asm file and all the appropriate includes.  For the GoASM assembler, the command line in the project properties looks like this:

3,O,$B\GoAsm.EXE,2

$A = D:\Programming\ASM Compilers\GoAsm Compiler
$B = $A\bin

For linking, the RadAsm DEFAULT command line looks like this:

9,OT,C:\GoAsm\lib\LIB.EXE /OUT:"$9",.\*.obj

With this command line, i get a -  ".\*.obj file not found"

I changed it to reflect where Lib.exe resides, and to where the RC6.obj is

9,OT,$A\lib\LIB.EXE /OUT:"$9",$P\RC6\RC6.obj

Now i get "make errors have occurred"

--Can anyone suggest HOW i set the linking command line options for RadAsm to assemble the GoASM source into a static lib?

donkey

Hi,

It would appear to me that the use of .\*.obj would require a relative path that would fault if you changed the location of the compiler, try the following instead...

9,OT,$L\LIB.EXE /OUT:"$9" *.obj

Please note that paths that are generated from RadASM (ie $P) are relative to RadASM and may cause problems when you expect an absolute path.

Donkey
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

localmotion34

Quote from: donkey on February 02, 2008, 01:24:55 AM
Hi,

It would appear to me that the use of .\*.obj would require a relative path that would fault if you changed the location of the compiler, try the following instead...

9,OT,$L\LIB.EXE /OUT:"$9" *.obj

Please note that paths that are generated from RadASM (ie $P) are relative to RadASM and may cause problems when you expect an absolute path.

Donkey

Does not work for me.  I am attaching the project files all zipped up.  Can you take a look and see what is wrong? 

[attachment deleted by admin]

1rDirEctoALgran0

I don't know very well LIB.EXE, I have only POLIB.EXE (see attached file)
but I tried this and it generates RC6.LIB file.

9,OT,$B\POLIB.EXE /OUT:$9 RC6.obj

I replaced $L by $B but it depands where you put POLIB.EXE.

Best regards.

Patrick

[attachment deleted by admin]