MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Changeing Radix

Started by Roger, October 21, 2008, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Hi All,

My Forth has progressed just about enough to write the attached 4 function calculator.

There is another comand I forgot to document:-

RADIX?  this indicates the current radix and gives the answer in decimal.

The original form of it gave the answer in the current radix which of course is 10 for any radix!

Regards Roger

[attachment deleted by admin]

travism

Wow! Great job, Very cool app. And I just learned about reverse polish notation :) haha. Keep up the good work!  :U

Mark Jones

This is interesting Roger. Curious, part of this code was written in Forth?
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Roger

Hi Mark,

Quote from: Mark Jones on October 31, 2008, 02:16:28 PM
This is interesting Roger. Curious, part of this code was written in Forth?

Actually it would be more accurate to say that it is the Forth rather than written in it.

I use a 80188 based embedded processor to run my model railway and that uses a 16 bit Forth. I find it particularly convenient to have an interactive environment to develop on since assembly code for it has to be cross compiled and loaded into EPROM. I am now trying to port the 16 bit Forth onto my puter and upgrade it to 32 bit in order to build a better interface to the model and also to add file storage capability to it.

The code you see is just the main interpreter for the 32 bit Forth with a Windows wrapper and most of the usual primitives added to it. Since then I have got most some of the compiler words and a few more simple development tools working.

Regards Roger