MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Creating users in Active Directory

Started by Lightman, January 10, 2008, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightman

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone out there know of any good guides online for dealing with Active Directory.  I am working with a AD server, creating a large amount of new users.  I am looking to create a program that automatically fills in details like Office, description and Login Script into the user's account details.

I can run the program from the server logged in as Local Administrator.

Regards,

Lightman

P1

Because of M$ changing AD environment, it's best to stick with a HLL for stuff like this.

I recommend "Windows Server Hacks" by Mitch Tulloch of O'Reilly Media.  It has VB scripts to get going in minutes.

Regards,  P1   :8)

Vortex

Beside scripting, you can use also the LDIFDE tool ( Lightweight Directory Access Protocol Data Interchange Format Directory Exchange ) to manage multiple users :

Ldifde -i -f newusers.ldf

-i  : Import from text file to Active Directory database
-f  : file name

P1

I looked at your web link.

Look into SoftIce for what you want to do.

Back in the old days, we would use a real ICE, to determine our time critical issues. 

Something to watch for is the processor variations that tend to complicate speed tests, will be an issue for you as well.

Regards,  P1   :8)

bozo

Lightman, i've seen working examples on the MSDN site.
Those were in C++ and Visual Basic,utilising COM libraries..

As you may know, writing such an application is not really recommended in assembly.
Its possible - of course - i just wouldn't want to be the one to do it.

actually, i was thinking about writing a small application to do these kind of things you speak of, but not in assembly.