MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Another problem with EasyCode.Go

Started by TmX, November 13, 2007, 03:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TmX

Hi,

I run EasyCode.Go (the latest one) in my campus lab, and I encounter some errors.

Here's where is put EasyCode.Go :
C:\Documents and Settings\anta40\My Documents\EasyCodeGo

The GoASM directory itself is from the ECGo.zip

Here's my Compile/Link settings :
Assembler
C:\Documents and Settings\anta40\My Documents\EasyCodeGo\GoASM\Bin\GoAsm.Exe

Resource compiler
C:\Documents and Settings\anta40\My Documents\EasyCodeGo\GoASM\Bin\GoRC.exe

Linker
C:\Documents and Settings\anta40\My Documents\EasyCodeGo\GoASM\Bin\GoLink.exe

GoAsm include folder
C:\Documents and Settings\anta40\My Documents\EasyCodeGo\GoASM\Bin\GoLink.exe

When I try to build the TabStrip project, EasyCode gives these error messages :

Any suggestions ?  :dazzled:

Ramon Sala

Hi TmX,

I guess you downloaded the zip file (no installation program). If so, did you run the Settings.exe file? If not, do it. If it still does not work, please tell me and I see what happens. Anyway, this afternoon (now it's 12:30 p.m. here) I'll try to reproduce your configuration in my computer at home and I'll see if there is any bug.

We'll be in touch,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

Hi TmX,

At the moment, try to run the attached .reg file (once unzipped). Please tell me whether it works or not.

Ramon

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

Hi TmX,

Well, I have found two problems in the Settings.exe file indluded with the zip version of Easy Code.

1 - Sometimes files association does not work properly (specially on XP/Vista), so .asm, .ecp, .ecw files are not associated to Easy Code.
2 - The Api files for context help and the UPX.EXE file for compressing executables, are not placed in the ...Program Files\Common Files\Easy Code folder.

Sorry! This will be fixed for next versions.

But Settings.exe does set paths properly, so run it or run the Settings.reg file I attached before (Settings.reg is just for you, it will not work for any other user). After that, click this link (http://easycoder.org/English/Download/ApiFiles.zip), download the ApiFiles.zip file and place the four unzipped files (ECCalls.bin, ECConst.bin, ECStruct.bin and UPX.EXE) in the ..Common Files\Easy Code folder (in your case, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Easy Code). Then you can finally run Easy Code (remember that you have to set the corresponding paths for Go tools compiler, linker, etc., in the "Compile / Link" tab of the "Tools-->Settings" menu). If you prefer, download the installation program.

I apologize! In next versions of Easy Code, the Settings.exe file will do all this work.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

TmX

I'm afraid I can't run the Settings.reg and extract ApiFiles.zip to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Easy Code, Mr Sala.
That's because I don't have administrative privileges in the computer lab.  :(

The same thing also happen in my notebook and I'll try your suggestions.

BTW, may I request you something ?
How about making Easy Code to save the settings in INI file, instead of registry.
And then, all required files should only be put under Easy Code directory (or any other directories writeable without administratitive privileges).
So, Easy Code become portable. Put it in your USB flashdisk and you can code wherever you go.  :toothy

Ramon Sala

Hi,

You don't have Administrator privileges in your notebook? Well, that's easy to fix! Anyway I take into account your suggestion for next versions. Sorry for the inconveniences

Regards,
Greetings from Catalonia

TmX

Nope.
I do have administrative rights in my own notebook  :toothy
It's on my campus lab where I don't have those rights.

BTW, I've already tried the installation version of Easy Code in my notebook.
Works nicely  :U

Ramon Sala

Thanks Tmx! I'm glad you like Easy Code!

Enjoy it!
Greetings from Catalonia