News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

console OutputDebugString reader

Started by thomas_remkus, November 05, 2007, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas_remkus

Is there a tool that will output text contents of OutputDebugString to the console? Using telnet with a remote machine and need to read the OutputDebugString but I can't find the tool. Anyone have an idea? If not then I'll have to resort to creating my own.

Vortex

Could you try Mark Russinovich's PsExec tool? It's used to run applications on remote systems :

QuoteUtilities like Telnet and remote control programs like Symantec's PC Anywhere let you execute programs on remote systems, but they can be a pain to set up and require that you install client software on the remote systems that you wish to access. PsExec is a light-weight telnet-replacement that lets you execute processes on other systems, complete with full interactivity for console applications, without having to manually install client software. PsExec's most powerful uses include launching interactive command-prompts on remote systems and remote-enabling tools like IpConfig that otherwise do not have the ability to show information about remote systems.

Note: some anti-virus scanners report that one or more of the tools are infected with a "remote admin" virus. None of the PsTools contain viruses, but they have been used by viruses, which is why they trigger virus notifications.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/psexec.mspx

Vortex

I found another tool :

QuoteDebugView

Another first from Sysinternals: This program intercepts calls made to DbgPrint by device drivers and OutputDebugString made by Win32 programs. It allows for viewing and recording of debug session output on your local machine or across the Internet without an active debugger.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Miscellaneous/DebugView.mspx

thomas_remkus

Vortex ... that's exactly what I needed. I'll use Mark's tools right now and see if I can get this working.

big THANKS!!

Vortex

Hi Thomas,

I am glad if I could help you. Russinovich's tools are always usefull.