MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MASM32 Version 9 Release

Started by hutch--, March 09, 2006, 03:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidJohn

Hi
I am a beginner in all programming. I just downloaded the servicepack 2 of masm 9.0. And why i can't update the files in masm/m32lib folder. What i mean is that, whenever i doubleclick the make.bat all the files(excluding folders) in my masm folder is deleting.

Sorry if itsn't the place to post this.

DavidJohn

MichaelW

It's been a while, so I did a fresh download of the service pack and installed it over a copy of my masm32 directory, following the instructions in README.TXT, and everything worked just as it should. Are you sure that you are following the instructions correctly?
eschew obfuscation

DavidJohn

Oh i am extremly sorry, it was my misunderstanding that masm32\m2lib is used to create the entire
masm32\lib directory. Now i know it there for the masm32.lib only. Eventhough i got new masm32lib,
the make.bat file doesn't create any new masm32.lib

My masm32 is in C drive and when i start the bat file it will show
could not find C:\masm32.lib
c:\masm32\*, Are you sure(Y/N)

When i press no, it will show a message such as
MASM : Fatal errot A1017 missing source filename
LINK ERROR BUILDING LIBRARY
The MASM32 Library was not built

and when i press yes, then the same error shows again + deleting the masm32 files(not folders)

Sorry if its due to my bad usage of .bat files. I don't have any experience with it.

DavidJohn

MichaelW

Although I can't find any explicit statement of this, the service pack is for installation over a working version 9 installation. If you have not done so, you need to download and install the appropriate version before you install the service pack. See the first post in this thread.
eschew obfuscation

DavidJohn

I am using a masm9.0 downloaded when it was released 1 and half month ago. Leave it the problem, now i have new masm32.lib and the rest of the servicepack can be done manually. Thanks for looking into my problem MichaelW.

DavidJohn

hutch--

David,

Just make sure your machine is not set up with hardware DEP enabled, the version 9 installation was written before the DEP technique was released by Microsoft and it does not work correctly under it.

If this has been the case, once you turn it off run the original masm32 version 9 install, make sure all the libraries are built and then manually install the service pack to get it all up to  the latest available.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

MoreBits

Quote from: hutch-- on August 26, 2007, 12:48:52 AM
If ypou are running a late version of Windows disable DEP as version 9.0 was produced before Microsoft changed the specs for PE files. The problem will be solved in the next version.

I was affected by that problem some months ago, but could find at least a workaround due to your quick help. Now I'm awaiting the next version. When is the next version to expect?

kind regards

MoreBits