MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

HLA and Intel Macs

Started by viktoras.d, July 31, 2007, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viktoras.d

Thanks Randy for your dedicated work!

QuoteUltimately (long after the Mac port, and indeed, long after HLA v2.0 makes an appearance), I'd love to do an object-oriented GUI library that lets you write portable GUI apps for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS. But that's just a dream at this point. A lot of work to do before seriously thinking about that.

I would suggest, maybe, it would be better to go an "alternative" way by ensuring easy and seamles integration of HLA programs with an existing code in other languages instead. There are many cool GUI creation tools readily available and I imagine an amount of work necessary to create thsese things... People tend to need more speed not for the GUI part of their programms, but for data processing and communication with hardware. So by creating an incredibly fast and efficient crossplatform mechanism of data exchange among programs and processes to communicate with functions implemented in HLA or vice versa would make more sense in this regard. Just my 2 cents idea...

Randall Hyde

Quote from: viktoras.d on October 05, 2007, 07:46:21 AM
Thanks Randy for your dedicated work!

QuoteUltimately (long after the Mac port, and indeed, long after HLA v2.0 makes an appearance), I'd love to do an object-oriented GUI library that lets you write portable GUI apps for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS. But that's just a dream at this point. A lot of work to do before seriously thinking about that.

I would suggest, maybe, it would be better to go an "alternative" way by ensuring easy and seamles integration of HLA programs with an existing code in other languages instead. There are many cool GUI creation tools readily available and I imagine an amount of work necessary to create thsese things... People tend to need more speed not for the GUI part of their programms, but for data processing and communication with hardware. So by creating an incredibly fast and efficient crossplatform mechanism of data exchange among programs and processes to communicate with functions implemented in HLA or vice versa would make more sense in this regard. Just my 2 cents idea...

Well, you can already make use of existing library code from HLA and it's certainly possible to call HLA code from HLLs and other tools that support linking in object code (dynamically or statically). So other than documentation I'd argue that we're already to that point.
hLater,
Randy Hyde