MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Looks Great!!

Started by stevenp, August 21, 2007, 09:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenp

Any chance of an HLA version?

It looks like an excellent IDE to work with but I'm learning HLA at the moment.  If I could work with an assembler IDE it's this one.

Ramon Sala

Hi stevenp,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm planning to convert Easy Code to be able to work with other assemblers (also HLA) but unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment and I have no idea when I'll be able to do that.

Thanks again,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Adamanteus

I could join to this opinion of IDE, but I found two little problems with MASM32 - after include masm32 runtime appeared wearings of doubled model directives and windows.inc include twice. Is it I something wrong turned or it's turn off impossible ?  :green2

Ramon Sala

Hi Adamanteus,

Thanks for your kind words! I really apreciate them!

Well, Easy Code for Masm always includes the Windows.inc file internally. Also, it always internally writes the following sentences:

.model flat, stdcall
option casemap:none

As they both, windows.inc and the sentences above, are always needed for Win32 programming, Easy Code always includes them. So, remove any reference to the Windows.inc file and model or option case sentences in the source code. That's all.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Adamanteus

Good deal with the sentences, but it's one file for few environments, so how's conditionally determine that it is EaseCode IDE in the source code ?  :dazzled:

Ramon Sala

I'm not sure whether I undestand your question. If you mean how to add an include file (.inc) to the IDE, it is acomplished by using the "Project-->Add include file" menu. Anyway, in the case of Windows.inc, no need to do that as it is always included by the IDE (both, classic and visual projects). Please have a look at the Easy Code help file.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Adamanteus

Conditionallyionally determine that it is EaseCode IDE in the source code of include file, for example masm32rt.inc ?
Or I'm thinking it's need to put windows.inc to include pane of project view window, so will be possible to use service masm32 files without modifications.

Ramon Sala

You should never change any of the Masm32 files! The windows.inc file is always needed for Windows programming and that's why Easy Code always includes it. That's all! For other files, it is up to you depending on the API functions yo call in your application, but if they are needed and not included, errors will be generated and the project will not be built.

So, just DO NOT INCLUDE the windows.inc file.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Adamanteus

For me it's not useful, from template of module that's I'm using :

ifnDef modl
modl      TEXTEQU <flat>
lang      TEXTEQU <c>
vend      TEXTEQU <os_dos>
            EndIf

.MODEL  modl, lang, vend

include lexam.mac         ; объявление макробиблиотеки

so, it's bad idea becouse "just" in past won't use.

Ramon Sala

Well, I will take it into account for next versions. Anyway, at the moment, you can do that. Only a warning will be fired but there will be no problem.
Greetings from Catalonia

Adamanteus

Yes, I agree it's not a big problem but will be appreciated, because it's pool to upset state.