News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GDTabs - custom tabs control

Started by ramguru, August 17, 2007, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Jones

Thanks for looking into this Ramguru. I wish I knew more about GDI so I could help you. Squashing bugs can be tough, but also rewarding. :-)

The problem finder seems to work okay, with one minor artifact seen on test 2 (gray background on right side) which may be nothing, see the attached .png file.

The latest GDTabs works the same as previous for me, except for the new tabs created. If I try to close a new tab using it's little bubble, GDTabs crashes. The crash occurs at address 7c90316c, which is NTDLL.DLL at offset 316c. The exception is "Access violation when writing to [00405000]." This is from GDTabs calling RtlMoveMemory with a size argument of FFFFFFFC.

One other thing I just noticed is that if I try to click a tab, then cover GDTabs with another window, and click GDTabs in the start bar to bring it to the front again, the correct tab will now be shown. This is repeatable. Hope this helps. :U

[attachment deleted by admin]
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

ramguru

Quote from: Mark Jones on August 27, 2007, 01:49:46 PM
with one minor artifact seen on test 2
I see you notice every detail  :U - however, this one is with no importance  :(

If I try to close a new tab using it's little bubble, GDTabs crashes. The crash occurs at address 7c90316c, which is NTDLL.DLL at offset 316c. The exception is "Access violation when writing to [00405000]." This is from GDTabs calling RtlMoveMemory with a size argument of FFFFFFFC.
Yeah I was inattentive, made few mistakes, this was one of them, just hoped everything with drawing will be alright this time - was wrong :)

One other thing I just noticed is that if I try to click a tab, then cover GDTabs with another window, and click GDTabs in the start bar to bring it to the front again, the correct tab will now be shown. This is repeatable. Hope this helps. :U
Thanks for letting me know.
I'm still trying...to fix...

ramguru

Finally the millennium bug is fixed  :U (check first post)
Big thanks go to Jupiter & Mark_Jones

ragdog

to ramguru

thanks however the first release has by me works on winxpsp2 

great works :U

greets
ragdog

Mark Jones

Woohoo that did it! So it was a millennium bug eh? :bg

This may be a difficult request, but do you think it would be possible to incorporate tab-stops on each tab or the tab-bar? That way a blind user or one without a mouse could still use this control. Just an idea, may be too much work. Thanks for working so hard on this. :clap:
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

ramguru

Quote from: Mark Jones on August 28, 2007, 04:29:18 PM
This may be a difficult request, but do you think it would be possible to incorporate tab-stops on each tab or the tab-bar?
I can try...if I succeed it will be in the next release (tab - for next_tab, shift_tab - for previous)

Thanks, ragdog for good words!

Shell

Very nice work ramguru  :U

This will definitely come in handy for a skinned app I'm working on  :bg

Thanks

Ghirai

Great work :U

Works fine here (XP Pro SP2 32bit, GeForce 8600GT, Core 2 Duo E6550).

As a small suggestion, you could make a tab to also close if you middle-mouse-click on it, possibly an optional feature.
MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

hoverlees

ecube

awesome job :D I found this source years ago to a dll, guy wrote it in masm, it let you visually draw controls, then it'd generate the win api code, I wish I cud find that damn source again, i'd love to add this control to it, and others, so can draw visually.

guga

can someone repost it (GDTAbs) please ?

Best Regards,

guga

dedndave

i think this is it

FORTRANS

Hi Dave,

I assume that is from Hutch's new archive?  You could just
supply a link to save space?  (What would be nice is if the
"deleted" message supplied the name of the file or a link to it.)

$0.02,

Steve

dedndave

http://www.masmforum.com/archive2012/4099_GDtabs_4ed.zip

actually, i couldn't find it in the archive my first pass - but there it is   :P