News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

major problem masm32 v9+sp2 on winXP sp 2

Started by psychocode, August 08, 2007, 10:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychocode

sorry for the copy/paste, but it's a lot of writing, u know...
tryed with ml 7.xx, 6.14, 6.15... it's the same no matter what... :(

[23:14] <psycho32> hey, guys, i've got some f**kin' weird problem with masm32 9 with service pack 2... the install goes ok, doesn't seem to be any problems, some things get compiled right, but some not...
[23:16] <psycho32> masm32.lib<WAIT_KEY.obj> : error lnk2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___getch / __imp___kbhit
[23:16] <psycho32> 2 unresolved symbols... i lost almost 2 days already and same shit happens
[23:17] <psycho32> tryed to reinstall, recompile everything from scratch, tryed everything that comes in my mind, but nothing happens and i'm going insane
[23:17] <psycho32> os: xp sp2
[23:18] <psycho32> got an installed winxp sp1 DDK too on the same partition if it does matter
[23:20] <psycho32> please give me some idea how to fix it up, cuz my projects are sitting waiting for a working masm32 finally...

:dazzled: :eek

GregL

psychocode,

Hutch will be able to help you much more than I, but getch and kbhit are functions from the C Run-Time Library. The wait_key procedure uses them. For some reason LINK isn't finding msvcrt.lib. Perhaps it doesn't exist or it didn't get built. Try searching the forum for "msvcrt", there are some posts that might help you.

hutch--

psycho,

First thing is to turn OFF the DEP from XP SP2. Then install MASM32 and check top make sure all the libraries build correctly. When the operation is finished check in your lib and include directory for MSVCRT.LIB and INC.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

psychocode

erm, sorry 4 the stupid question but i switched to xp soon, so what does DEP stands for? btw tryed with both masm distros - masm32 for win9x and the one for 2k-xp... as far as the libraries, they get buit correctly and msvcrt lib - i have rebuilt it many times - tryed with both the lib that comes bundled with masm32 and with the msvcrt downloaded from ghirai's mirror... checked each time for the existence of msvcrt.lib and msvcrt.inc, they are in their correct locations and get replaced each time i rebuilt, correctly replaced...  the situation is very odd :( i never ever had any problems with masm till that moment...  :eek

psychocode

turned DEP off, reinstalled it, recompiled it, same shit :( installation and all went normally, msvcrt theoretically got compiled, got placed in lib and include but no, doesn't work in spite of there being no error messages or sth...

psychocode

aaaaaaaah, damn, i fixed it finally... it appears that the lib was somehow broken... maybe broken download or sth... however, thank u guys for the support  :U